All reviews the cottages golf cart the river steam shower screened in porch top notch adult pool beautiful property fire pit lagoon view main building tree house southern charm village home sea island oysters a special place
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

A resort of this brand and price point is expected To have beautiful rooms and excellent service and this resort does not disappoint. What sets Palmetto Bluff apart is the grounds. Truly a magical place. The entire family is amazingly beautiful and the service makes you feel like you are truly royalty.
I cannot wait to back!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank rbach
CaseyL678, General Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Dear rbach,

We are grateful for your recent visit to Montage Palmetto Bluff and equally grateful for your delightful review. It's always rewarding to learn that our guests have so enjoyed their time here at this beautiful Resort setting. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restore with plenty of activities. Recommend upgrading to a cottage, it comes with a large bathroom and dressing area, steam shower, surround sound and 2 bikes to cruise around the resort.

We came for business meetings but Montage would be a great family vacation spot or wedding venue too. There are at least 2 pretty chapels. We went fishing and had a blast, caught red drum, sharks, toad fish, blues, etc.

At night time they have a s’more party. I rode my cottage bike every where. A lot of the folks in our group wanted to return in future years.

May river golf course was expensive $300 all in for a round but a good course.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Dave E,

Thank you for sharing your review of Montage Palmetto Bluff. We do find that many guests who are here on business tend to return with their families. That is the greatest compliment we can receive. We're delighted to learn that you so enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

I have been wanting to stay at the Montage Palmetto Bluff since a friend of mine raved about it years ago. It not only met our expectations/hopes, but exceeded them! The property is stunning and has a multitude of activities to take advantage of, several restaurants to enjoy and an extremely friendly and hospitable staff.

Our family of 5 stayed in an incredibly charming cottage overlooking the May River. We sat on our screened in porch and could see dolphins playing in the water!
We rode bikes, played in the park with a tree house and zipline, swam in the pool, went tubing, walked, rented a golf cart for a day to explore the expansive property, roasted s'mores every night, ate delicious food...and more!

We had an absolutely amazing trip and hope to go back for another visit again soon! It is ideal for both families and couples.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kendra D
CaseyL678, General Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Kendra D,

We thank you for your visit to Montage Palmetto Bluff and for sharing your delight with your accommodations and the many activities your family experienced. A part of our company's mission says "we will create lifelong memories." I hope that along with this memory, you and your family will return and create many more memories over the years. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We had two grandparents, two parents, a two-month old infant, and a dog in a lagoon guest house suite and adjoining room. It was plenty of space and beautifully appointed. The lagoon suites have private screened porches right on the water which the ceiling fans kept tolerable even in the July heat. The pool by the River House was the quietest, and we thought the food was excellent at Octagon and Buffalo's. Canoe Club was less memorable.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear William N,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We're so pleased that you chose our Resort as the location for your family gathering, and we do hope this will become a family tradition for you.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

There have been some real changes since my last review. We really enjoy the ambience of the location with pretty scenery and its location half an hour from Savannah airport. Our house was beautifully decorated; we were wondering if we would enjoy our location right behind the village mini-market but it was good light which was better than the houses by the golf course and very convenient to get to. The activities were the highlight here -- kids enjoyed the shooting and archery, stand-up paddleboarding with Alexis, and we all enjoyed our river cruise with tubing with Duke. I enjoyed my massage with Ken at the spa; the price at this spa for services is unusually high but he is well trained and particularly interesting. Our real problem was in the food department; there are fewer fish items without shellfish available, especially at lunch, and we thought there should be at least one fine dining experience available without televisions or a bar scene going on around you. Octagon had salmon pretty plain at dinner and that was it. There is fish and chips at lunch but rather little fish in it. The other venues have nothing at lunch except meat items. The new venue Coles had one fish with ham and no real alternative. They offered to make us a piece of plain fish and that was it. On the plus side, Octagon at dinner had some very good vegetarian dishes and some good desserts, and the Canoe Club has upgraded its offerings with several fish items, an excellent vegetarian pasta dish and excellent desserts. Buffalo's has taken a turn for the worse at breakfast -- while the blueberry muffins are exceptional, the other items, such as the stickie buns and biscuits, were pretty awful two days in a row which was a pity since my daughter had been looking forward to the buns even before arrival which she had remembered from last time. They didn't have any smoked salmon that Sunday morning so I ate a breakfast full of carbs off the buffet which I was unhappy about. Dinner at Buffalos was excellent, our kids report, and we can all vouch for the banana pudding at Buffalo's. The kids loved the s'mores with 6 creative flavors on offer at the River House. They were gushing with joy when they came to tell us about it. Be sure and grab some good cookies at the River House porch in the afternoons and some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins at the chill out room in the spa. Three things that bothered us -- (1) it cost us over $300 to have 3 bicycles and a golf cart for a 48 hour visit. That stuff used to be free and that's a heavy cost. (2) The gym facilities are pretty small considering this place. I went to the members gym and I noticed there was no water, several of the machines were broken, and at the members pool almost all of the games were gone or unusable (corn toss gone, fussbol broken, ping pong no good balls). Those facilities are not open to hotel guests but I'd be curious to know how things are at this place for its members based on what we saw. (3) At Octagon breakfast, my wife wanted to order a $25 item from the menu and asked for a piece of toast with it. The server said yes, but $4 extra. My wife was disgusted and didn't order it at all. I ordered an $18 item and asked for a piece of pastry with it. I was told by my server that I had to order the entire pastry tray including croissant, muffin and Danish or nothing at all. I called over a manager and complained about this kind of nickel and diming and corporate-style inflexibility that really is the opposite of southern hospitality and a kind of pettiness which guests paying over $2,000 a night don't deserve. I'm on a diet and didn't want all that stuff put in front of me and wasn't asking for any freebies. The server was nice as could be but said it was the policies that she was instructed to follow. The manager apologized and gave us our whole breakfast on the house which was nice but the truth is that I get the breakfast for free anyway as an Amex platinum customer. What I really want is for the "Absolutely" attitude you get from the front desk at check-in (which doesn't mean much since nobody is asking for anything) to carry thru the rest of the resort into the food and beverage department where guests feel much better about the whole resort based on how nice you take care of them when they are dining. Instead you just get irritated and feel that the whole place is filled with corporate bean counters squeezing guests for revenue. I can just tell you that I've found Montage properties to be difficult in certain service areas in ways that I don't experience with other high-end chains and it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about that company. To end that story, the server at Octagon brought us the pastry platter: The croissant was not fresh and tasted premade, the Danish tasted like it came from prefab dough and the biscuit was terrible -- cold and stale. The jam was packaged and ordinary. A place like this, be it Buffalos or Octagon, ought to have hot biscuits to die for and interesting proprietary spreads. It should let you know that you have arrived at Montage's Southern Flagship resort. Instead, the trimmings are just super-ordinary and utterly forgettable. And that's what missing from this place. The resort's food and beverage department has some real winners within its menus but it needs real spit and polish that make a statement as well as menu items, especially at lunch, that make vegetarians and pescatarians feel welcome and we want to be able to eat a quiet dinner without a bunch of noise around us. A bit of an attitude check would also help unless they just want guests who are so rich they don't care what anything costs or what they get for their money. I spoke to a manager who said the hotel is rethinking its F&B and will roll out new things within a year. I hope they take this advice because if we can't eat enjoyably here, we'd probably not come back. By the way, the concierge Pat who in my last review was the one thing you could count on, has retired.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 649ic,

Many thanks for the detailed review of your visit. We are indeed reviewing our food and beverage offerings, as we know there is always room for improvement. The information you shared is extremely helpful as we determine what we feel will best serve our guests. I am confident that on your next visit you will be pleased with your dining experience. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion.