“Beautiful resort with everything you need to do nothing”

Montage Palmetto Bluff
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights following a two night trip to Savannah. We wanted to fully relax, and this Inn delivered that in spades. I doubt that I can add anything to the cottages description. Pictures do not do these justice. They are beyond comfortable and beautiful. The bed is as comfortable as can be, the porch is a great place to sit and just gaze at all of the natural beauty, the bathroom and dressing area rival those of some of the finest homes I've seen. These cottages are on part with the cabanas at Little Palm Island and are above many other Hugh end resorts.

The land around the resort is protected and oh so peaceful. We are from New Orleans, so are used to swamps. These are marshes, and are equally lovely. We took a kayak out the first day to explore the lagoon and fish island. My husband did all of the rowing, so from my perspective, it was a great way to see bird island and to gain another perspective of the resort.

We found the food in all of the restaurants quite good. The veggie burger I had (I don't eat meat) was the best I've ever found. I want the recipe! The restaurants offer a good variety of options which should appeal to most. We were esleupleased with the service. All staff members were very polite and friendly, without ever seeming to hover. They have figured out the right balance of thoughtful service and reserve.

The evening s'mores were a nice addition. It was great watching the well behaved children enjoy making these treats, and plenty of adult, us included, took advantage as well. I just love when resorts have traditions.

It was such fun to use the commentary bicycles to get around the grounds. We practically felt like children again, and riding around helped us burn off some calories. My husband and I each indulged in a massage and they were absolutely heavenly. I have a bad back, so frequently get massages, especially on vacation. I can honestly say this was the best massage I've ever received outside of my regular hometown massage therapist. My husband was thrilled with his as well. I've certainly been in fancier spas, but this one is plenty nice and peaceful and I highly recommend it.

I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to absolutely everyone, except those who want access to a big city or a more happening night life. This is the perfect place to get off the grid, relax, and reconnect with your loved one.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is our happy place! It's amazing sans children or perfect for a family vacation. From golfing to kayaking with dolphins there is something for everyone! Our boys favorite part would be the private golf carts and nightly s'mores. Buffaloes has the most amazing food! You need to try the shrimp and cheese grits!!! It is one of the best and most amazing things I have ever tasted. You can not go wrong if you choose to vacation here!!! x

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent our anniversary here and were very very happy with our choice. The rooms here are huge and the bathrooms have a steam room built in the shower. We spent most of our days riding our bikes all around the resort taking pics and enjoying the breath taking views all around the property. The spa here is world class and the staff is very knowledgable. The food at river house was very good. Breakfast at buffaloes was really good too. Canoe club was nice.

What we liked the most about this resort is the peaceful nature and laid back environment.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came to the Inn at Palmetto Bluff for a business meeting. What an exceptional development in a spectacular setting on the banks of the May River looking across to Hilton Head. We stayed in one of the cottages. The room was spacious. The shower was amazing. The food was fantastic in a great environment. All aspects of guests services was without a flaw. We look forward to returning. The Inn at Palmetto Bluff is one of the founding members of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and also a AAA 5 diamond property. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage 42 and really enjoyed the privacy and the setting. It is a little distance from...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perfect in every way. This was our second trip to palmetto bluff. I didn't review last year because I wanted to keep it a secret - I know, I'm selfish. I had to write this year or it wouldn't be fair to all the wonderful people that work at the inn. My description will not do PB justice. The romance, the charm, the staff, you need to go there to feel it. The facilities are top notch. The natural surroundings are magical. Plenty to do or not do on any given day.

We were 8 people in total with three cottages and a four bedroom house. Over the course of the trip we went kayaking, fishing, golfing, swimming, we used the gym, took a class, biked to the five story tree house, had massages, we sat by the adult pool and by the kids pool and ate everywhere. Believe me, I like to complain, but there is NOTHING to complain about or criticize. Please go see for yourself.

Room Tip: All are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The best place ever to relax and to be in contact with the nature!! The Bungalow very nice in the middle of wood forest!! All the restaurants amazing!! The simplicity and good taste!! I love it!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family which includes a 3 and 4 year old rented a Wilson home. The golf cart was the kids favorite part and a must rent while at the resort. The pictures do not do it justice. The drive in sets the tone for your visit; Tranquil, relaxed, and carefree. We could easily spend a full week here and not run out of things to do. The staff is above and beyond friendly and make you feel like you are at home. We ordered breakfast every morning and it was delivered fast and hot. This inn exceeded our expectations. We hope to make this a yearly family vacation. This should be put on everyones must see vacation spot!! There is nothing else like it.

Room Tip: The Wilson homes near inn have large screened in porches which are lovely to have.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank moking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Inn & Club at Harbour Town - Sea Pines Resort
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa

Been to Montage Palmetto Bluff? Share your experiences!