“Good place for breakfast; location a bit hard to find”
Review of Walnuts Cafe

Walnuts Cafe
Ranked #27 of 199 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Good place for breakfast; location a bit hard to find”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The reatuarant is in a strip mall in a mainly industrial area. But don't let the location deter you - it is a good place. Breakfast menu not extensive but the food is good. Get the grits, and the biscuits are good. The omelettes are ok but nothing special - the various Benedicts are a better choice. The coffee is not good. I suspect it is a chicory blend and rather bland. Still overall worth a visit.

Philadelphia
“A really good find”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Looked for a place for lunch while out and about shopping in Bluffton. Came across this small establishment and decided to give it a try. Glad we did. Nice assortment of choices. I opted for the fried oyster salad. A generous 7 or 8 medium oysters fried in a light cornmeal batter, over a generous mixed greens salad with a nice ranch dressing. At $14.99, a decent meal and value. Service was friendly and attentive. I would repeat here on a regular basis if I lived in the area.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on 3/22 and had a great time. We arrived at about 12:20pm and found the relatively small place full but with one last table open. We were seated promptly and provided with menus. The waitress was very busy but found time to take our orders and bring drinks. She stopped by to tell us the kitchen was very busy but was soon able to serve our orders. I had the egg salad on toast with cheese and bacon , sweet potato fries and cold slaw. My wife had the soup and half a ham and cheese sandwich. It was more food than we could handle. Our coffee cups were repeatedly refilled. The bill was $25 w/o tip. We were very pleased and will certainly return!

Okatie, South Carolina
“Dinner at Walnuts”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We finally tried Walnuts for dinner. We go there often for lunch but they have just recently started opening for dinner. I can't put it in words how excellent this meal was. Fresh salad, to start and ended with "chocolate hazelnut creme brûlée. Sooooooooo good!!

1 Thank Patty Jo W
Arlington, VA
“Walnuts Wows!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Located in the back of an unassuming strip mall off the main drag, Walnuts is anything but ordinary. We went to Walnuts Cafe to celebrate my mother's birthday. They were able to accommodate our large lunch party (7), and gave us a nice table in the back. The lunch offerings were excellent. Classic comfort foods with a gourmet twist. My mother had the crab cake salad and could not stop raving about it. I chose a very tasty cheese-steak served on great crusty bread with just the perfect balance of beef, au jus, onions, and cheese. The fries were crispy and flavorful. Everyone in the party was delighted with their meals. We finished the lunch with a slice of Key Lime pie and the amazing Chocolate Volcano cake. I was sitting on the wrong end of the table for that one, and had to fight with my five year-old for a chance to scrape the chocolate covered plate clean.

The service was prompt and pleasant, the restaurant clean and welcoming. Next time you are in Bluffton, do not miss a chance to dine at Walnuts Cafe.