“GIVE IT A TRY”

Katie O'Donald's
Ranked #37 of 207 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: A casual Irish Pub, where the locals go to enjoy great food, from traditional Irish fare, to American classic cuisine. Where you can find the coldest beer in town, and perfectly poured cocktails.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We make a point of stopping in Katie's any time we're in the area and consider it one of the focal points of Bluffton. The interior is that of a typical 'Irish' pub - casual atmosphere - cheerful waitstaff - expansive menu (appetizers, sandwiches, dinners, etc.) and all patrons feel welcome. This restaurant sits on the corner in a shopping mall and boasts outdoor seating, including TV's and a gas heater to take the chill off. Give it a try!

1  Thank Cuz39

Reviewed October 4, 2012

visited on 10-4-2012. 2 kids and 4 adults. kids liked the chicken strips and the fries.
adults=2 ruben sand. 1 patty melt and 1 beef tips and rice. all were very good but the rubens should have about %50 more meat to move up to excellent.
service was very good.
we will return.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This wasn't what I expected. Food was over priced for what it was. Got a kids meal for less than what the adults meal was but the serving size was the same. Makes no sense.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I were the only out of towners at this Irish pub. We seated ourselves outside and noted that everyone walking by greeted every other patron there as if they were close friends. While we waited for our food orders my husband and I played a betting game with one another, "Does this one know everyone too?" And sure enough the one of us who bet "yes" was the winner every time. Young, old, male and female, all were acquaintances. I was more than a bit curious as this all seemed unusual, so when a man who had been at another table approached mine and asked for my ashtrays I agreed to give them up on condition he tell me what the story was. It turned out that he was the owner and that Katie O' Donald's had been established 15 years earlier, before Bluffton's growth spurt and sure enough this is a place where "everybody knows your name." Speaking of food though -the burgers that we ordered instead of the prime rib special, which the waitress warned us was overcooked,were undercooked. Two burgers were sent back to the kitchen. I expected the burgers would be returned looking worse for wear since we had already put onion, lettuce, and tomato together on the buns and taken a taste. We were surprised to be served two completely fresh meals with apologies and without attitude. We were thankful for the pleasant staff and good food.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Lots of locals indicate good food and solid value. They have some traditional pub dishes and I haven't ever gotten a menu item that i didn't enjoy. The hot sandwiches are especially good.