“fair prices, good food and not the dive I was expecting...”
Review of Squat N Gobble

Squat N Gobble
Ranked #32 of 201 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Greek, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Bluffton's first icon ... Squat N Gobble has soul, a pulse and is the heart beat of Bluffton ... No fuss, no frills just good home cooking.
Savannah GA
“fair prices, good food and not the dive I was expecting...”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

With a name such as theirs and being open 24/3 I surmised that Squat-N-Gobble was some kind of honky-tonk/dive bar. After reading other reviews here on TA, I kept wondering if they just had good food and had those extended hours to take advantage of the late night traffic headed to/from Savannah-HHI. We got there at the peak of Sunday brunch hours. There's no greeter, if there are no open tables be sure to put your name on the notepad hanging by the door. It's surprisingly small on the inside with a single, unisex bathroom (it was clean). The menu has a broad selection of breakfast items, usual diner fare (corn dogs, for instance) and also have a selection of coastal seafood items (ex. Shrimp and Grits). I somehow missed the scrapple on the menu, lest I would've ordered it. As it were, I had the "Big, Fat, Greek Hamburger" I think it was previously frozen which made my usual preference of having burgers med-rare a moot point. Even so, it was seasoned fair and served with chips and a pickle spear. The burger was standard off-the-food-service-truck, the BFG burger came with spinach and feta cheese which raised it from the depths of mediocrity. The service was good, even when they were busy. The prices were reasonable and the hours are tough to beat. It's worth your stop if you're in the area. Next time up there, I'm sure to have seafood for sure.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank dolomoto

Troy, Michigan
“love the name”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Had not been here in 15 years. The town has gone crazy with development. The restaurant still serves good food at a still reasonable price. This time it was breakfast with shrimp omelot. very tasty. Try it . My only complaint is the old t-shirts could be worn in public. The new ones are too obscene.

• Visited April 2011
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Strange & Proud of It”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This appears to be another roadside diner, but the food selection will surprize you. The service is excellent. The food is diner B+.

1 Thank Bud M
South Carolina
“Local version of a diner”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

A real down-home kind of place, where everybody knows your name. A varied menu at reasonable prices.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Cozy little cafe with good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

After hearing about this little restaurant we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed; we went for lunch. I ordered the pulled port sandwich while my husband ordered a bowl of chili. The service was quick and friendly. Our orders arrived and we both dug in. I thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich although I would have like bigger pieces of pork in it, but it was a generous size and came with fries (for once not covered with salt). My husband liked the chili very much and claimed it "meaty".

This little place is small with an interior of all wood (looked like knotty pine), it offers breakfast through dinner and is open 24 hours a day. We found the prices reasonable, with lunch specials as well as early bird dinners; nothing fancy except excellent homestyle cooking providing an excellent alternative to fast food places that are so common everywhere. I only gave it a 4 circle rating because I reserve those for more expensive places.

• Visited January 2012