“Shrimp Cocktail -doesn't disappoint”

Lahacienda Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 197 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Hampton, Virginia
“Shrimp Cocktail -doesn't disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband ordered the Chicken Fajitas, I ordered the Shrimp Cocktail and my son ordered the cheese quesadilla. The fajitas were good and smokin' hot when they came to the table. My son liked his quesadillas and said they were the best he ever had. The best part though, hands down, was the shrimp cocktail. This is like no other one you have ever tasted. I would put money on that! They put 12-15 large shrimp in a sauce that is both spicy and sweet at the same time. It is almost like a cold soup. It contains tomato juice and orange juice (I think) with big chunks of onion and garlic, along with lots of chopped cilantro. - Just an excellent meal. If you go, order the Shrimp Cocktail for sure. The server's are good and very attentive, but ours spoke almost no English and messed up our drink order a time or two because he couldn't understand what we ordered.

Visited August 2012

Little Ferry, New Jersey
“Good food & lots of it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been to this Lahacienda a couple of times while visiting my son & his family who live nearby. Each time we went with a group of family & friends which just made it more fun! I'm no expert on Mexican food the way my son & his wife are but each time I've found the food delicious & plentiful. I am unable to eat spicy food but the food here is very flavorful & what I order is not spicy & I am able to enjoy it. The menu offers a very large selection; the portions are extremely generous as are the drinks, & the service is good. The prices I think are very reasonable; I am always pleasantly surprised when the bill comes. The decor is extremely colorful but I think that adds to the fun. I wish we had a "Laha" up here in NJ where we live but it's something I look forward to when I go visiting in SC.

• Visited March 2012
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Fresh salsa and quacamole REALLY good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Bright and flavorful decor, good mexican food, clean and friendly staff. Went there 3 times in 1 week visit. Monday night special...$1.00 Margaritas.

Visited July 2012
Bluffton, SC
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This used to be our favorite Mexican restaurant in the area. But during the past 12 months the quality of the food has declined to be just average.

Visited May 2012
Bluffton, South Carolina
“What?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We mistakenly thought our favorite restaurant in Ft Worth, La Hacienda, began a chain and went expecting delicious fajitas. Unfortunately, the chips were stale, the salsa was watery, and the meat while edible had a distinct.....Chinese flavor? We both swore it had a slight soy sauce taste to it; it certainly wasn't carne asada that you'd expect in a Mexican restaurant. Strange. We never went back.

Visited June 2012