“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I took my daughter and her two girls there for dinner several times. Each time there the food was delicious and the service very good. My granddaughters were 5 and 8 the first time there, they do have very mature taste buds and they loved the food. It is about time to go back again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Food is always good here. Service is good, not great. We waited quite a bit of time before being waited on. Waitress then brought wrong beer I ordered. Am going to give them a mulligan tonight as the food made up for it.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excellent Thai dinner. The food and the presentation were wonderful. It was an upscale, almost New Urban décor. Two things you should not be looking for at Ruan Thai is a quick bite to eat or a small check. Our bill for two was $56 with tip. We both had appetizers. I had the Satay Chicken with Peanut Butter Sauce appetizer. Then I had the Pad Thai (OK, so I am not a sophisticated Thai eater), and I followed it up with the Black Rice Pudding - different but really good.

See the picture of the Pad Thai. You have to find the Carrot carved into a Butterfly.

Service was good but it could have been a little more attentive.

I would definitely go there again for a special night out.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had the Ruan Thai Restaurant highly recommended to us, but the experience surpassed expectations. A beautifully appointed room, white tablecoths, a balcony with tables, and gracious wait staff made us feel like royals. An extensive menu, including seafood, made a decision difficult. I decided on their seafood basket, which turned out to be an aluminum covered dish the waitress sliced open, leaving a "handle" in the middle. She exposed a dish containing a large quantity of seafoods in an most tasty sauce. For me it was a first despite decades of eating in Thai restaurants.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A couple of us had a wonderful lunch here the other day and were very happy with the atmosphere, the service and, of course, the food, particularly since I'm very much an Asian cuisine aficionado. My mate had an excellent salmon dish, not too hot for her, and nicely presented (photo), while I had the simple Thai Noodle Soup, close in composition to a Vietnamese pho ga, but with Thai spices (photo). I ordered it medium hot and added dry chili to give it a boost... and, like adding too much Sriracha to a pho, boy! was I sweating afterward... which was just fine. There are lots of other dishes on the menu that look extremely appealing, so there's no doubt that we'll be back soon. And if you're looking for a real good pho ga, go visit the Saigon Cafe, just a mile or so east on 278, on the other side of the road.