“Hampton Sun City, SC”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Louisville, United States
“Hampton Sun City, SC”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Would stay there again. Breakfast was better than expected. Had oatmeal that was made there, not instant in the packet. Sausage was good and not some dried out item that you could patch a tire with. Lady who took care of the area had bright red hair and was from England or Austrailia but was very nice and friendly. All of staff should be complimented.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Ken B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

As always, this chain of hotels met our expectations for quality & cleanliness. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very, very nice, & the free breakfast was great. I would have like a few more choices for breakfast though. The only bad thing was that we booked this hotel because it had a pool & we had kids with us, but when we arrived the pool was closed for renovations. I would have liked to have known this before booking, as we wanted a hotel with a pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

New York, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Away from the bustle of Hilton Head Island but only a 10 minute ride in, this hotel is consistently great. It's under renovation ( May 2013) so the look is a bit off, but the quality of the accomodations and breakfast has been maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful. We drive 15 miles off I95 during our trips North and South to stay, rather than pick an I95 hotel. The great Homemade Ice Cream store right behind the hotel is a motivator too!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Horse Shoe, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took a motorcycle group. the weather was less than desirable, but the hotel and staff were great. Plenty of entertainment, food and drink right there. No need to get the bikes out. Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Oak Lawn, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The same day I left the hotel I notified management that I left 2 bottles of salon size shampoo/conditioner that were brand new. A value of $75.00. I told them I would come back and pick them up. The girl I spoke told me that they didn't see anything and that she would have to talk to the maid that cleaned out room. I called back everyday while I was on vacation to find out the status. I was given the run around about the maid being off and the manager doing night audit and couldn't call me back. Still on Friday, 5 days after my first call still have not heard from anyone. I spoke to another employee that actually looked again and gave me another shampoo brand but wasn't the brand I left. I then left a message of the regional manager Michael Callan and now its Monday and I haven't heard from anyone. A week later. I had another issues with the hotel but this was the major one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and I have mixed feelings on this property. So instead of giving the typical bad review I will give you the good, the bad and the ugly. I had a wonderful experience with several employees but not so great with the others.

Linda, the front desk agent who worked in the morning was incredibly friendly and always so pleasant! Same thing with Patrick the engineer, he went out of his was to help us. We were in town for the Heritage and after we checked in, we headed up to the room. He hopped on another elevator and came up to tell us about a way to beat the traffic in the morning. We were blown away by his hospitality. The male breakfast attendant was fabulous as well!

On the other hand, the girl who worked on Friday night was not the best. She never greeted us when we were coming or going but the one thing that REALLY bothered me was when I needed my room key re-activated. She asked me only what room I was in and that was it. Didn't ask for my Id or to verify my information. As a guest this did not make me feel safe that she would so easily give a room key to any room. Needless to say, we had our latch lock on while we were sleeping.

Erin, who my boyfriend had a problem with should take a lesson in hospitality from Linda and Patrick. She told him that she couldn't help him with several things because she was new. He got the impression it was because she didn't want to be bothered as she was busy socializing with a man both nights.

The hotel is under construction which didn't bother me at all. The rooms were nice, beds comfy. The only thing I would say is that there was some trash on the floor when we checked in.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenna J
Anderson, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent Hotel! The room was very clean. The breakfast was great and the staff was so nice. When booking on-line it was noted that the lobby was under construction the honesty was appreciated. Even with the construction the experience was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hilton Head Island Bluffton
Hampton Inn Hilton Head
Hampton Inn Hilton Head
#10 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Bluffton-Sun City? Share your experiences!