Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Bluffton-Sun City
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Well I would say stay at your own risk! There were insects flying around the room and breakfast food on the floor around the bed when we walked in. Our desk chair was soiled, the ice box had mold and the shower did seem to drain. Wow and the pool is so cloudy it looks like skim milk! Stay at your own risk!

I took some wonderful pictures and will be sending them off to Hilton hotels. I left 5 messages for the G.M. Miss French (2 written at the front desk, 2emails and a voicemail...haven't heard back to any! I guess she is busy trying to clean and fix the floor by the elevator that is loose, lifted up about 4 inches and soiled as well. What a let down for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mikeylikesit2

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and I have been coming here for several years. We have watched this hotel go from excellent to disappointing. No complaint about front desk staff upon check-in. However, upon getting to the room, this was a let down. The shower was plugged, which only became evident and once you were in the shower and it slowly crept from toes...to ankles...the shins. It held water in the bottom (several inches) and never drained. It stayed plugged until the early morning while it slowwwwwly seeped out overnight. This clearly shows that the house keeping staff isn't (1) cleaning the shower or they would have seen this as they ran the water or (2) just didn't care enough to properly fix the issue. Either way it's not acceptable. We werent even offered another room upon calling the front desk! Lucklily we traveled with another couple and were forced to shower the following morning in their room. The staff didnt even comp their room for their inconvenience. Additional issues: Knowing there is limited seating in a hotel, imagine our dismay that the only chair to sit on, the desk chair, was disgustingly soiled. Gross! There was mold all throughout the shower caulking. There were Cheerios on the floor of our second room and it wasn't even breakfast time. That brings me to the breakfast....cold, rubbery sausage, cold eggs Needless to say this will be our last stay at this Hamton Inn after staying several previous years. What a shame.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 1bchlovr
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel except perhaps it's showing some wear. The rooms are clean, there's plenty of hot water with good water pressure, the beds are comfy and there's enough outlets and lights where you need them. The front desk was friendly and always smiling. The breakfast was the standard - nothing special. We had gold status and were not upgraded to a suite which was disappointing, nor were there any goodies.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank debbieinsc2013
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our two night stay here went downhill from the moment we checked in. The gal at the front desk should not be at the front desk. Zero warmth! Our room was ok and of course we love their linens. Those are about the only positives we can come up with. The hallways and elevators were HOT. The inside of the elevators were not clean. The pool is outside and the water was murky. There was only one woman trying to service the breakfast area and she could have been a tad more pleasant. People were understanding, but she was running out of everything and just lost control of getting things restocked. The hotel was full so couldn't they giver her more help for a few hours? If you didn't get up early to eat, forget about it. We have never run into this in any Hampton Inn before so it was disappointing. Location was convenient and there is a good ice cream place right across the parking lot!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank foodieme26
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My arrival on 7/21 was at 11am. There were 2 other people checking in ahead of me. When it was my turn to check in, I gave the woman at the desk my name, she checked the reservation log that she had and then told me that check in was 4pm and she had nothing for me. I asked why she had rooms for the 2 previous visitors and she said "because". This hotel was recommended to me by Sun City and I was given a free night hotel voucher for this and it was marked on my reservation. I watched 3 other people check in after I was turned away. I attempted to check in at 1pm and 3pm but was told quite rudely by same person to come back at 4. I came back at 4 and thankfully a different cleck was at the desk and checked me in.

On Sunday 7/22, I asked the same rude hotel clerk if the pool was open (it was 11 am) and she told me that the pool was closed because there was a problem with the filer and the water. I left the hotel and went to Sun City for my tour. When I returned at 4pm I found that the pool was open and people were swimning. I went to the front desk and told the new clerk about my earlier conversation with the morning clerk. The new clerk could not understand why I was told that story, but there was no problem with the filter nor the water.

This hotel clerk was rude to me the entire time that I was there. I was not the only person to receive her unprofessional treatment. 2 other couples visiting Sun City with the hotel voucher also were treated poorly.

While the other staff members were cordial and polite, this woman left a bad impression. I will not use Hampton Again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bctw
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed for one night, I had to get a "crib" for my daughter, well it was a pack n play that the board that she slept on was broke up. If they don't actually have cribs they should list pack n play not crib. I should have just made room for my pack n play if I had known it was going to be like that. I did like that each room had a fridge and microwave as I have to keep my daughters formula cold and I used the microwave to heat it up. The carpet in our room was sticky, not sure why. The bed was ok, our backs hurt the next morning (we are use to a pillow top mattress) and this did not compare. The breakfast was great, they had a lot more than most hotels (they even had belgian waffle makers). We didn't use the pool. Some of the staff was nice and some were not so nice, but you can get that anywhere. We had a king bed in our room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed four nights in late June. Hotel is well located, exceptionally clean and bright and best beds and bedding (4 wonderful pillows each bed) that we have experienced recently. Breakfast buffet ample, staff friendly and helpful, internet free w/strong signal in the spacious rooms. Plenty of free parking. A very pleasant stay and would certainly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
sunshine f, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Bluffton-Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay here with us at the Hampton Inn Bluffton Sun City. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#14 of 28 in Hilton Head
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hardeeville-Hilton Head

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Bluffton-Sun City? Share your experiences!