“St. Patricks Day weekend 2013”

Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Alexandria, Virginia
“St. Patricks Day weekend 2013”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We drove down from Virginia and had no trouble locating the Hotel.
The staff are very professional and courteous. The room was great and I loved the little kitchenette. Services were conveniently located - laundry & vending first floor near elevator.
There is a great little pool. it was a little too cold to use during our visit but how pretty!
Located close to many good restaurants and shopping on the strip.
Its a great place with a neighborhood feel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer C
GMSC314, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Our kitchenettes are such a nice feature for any traveler. It saves money on eating out and you are able to enjoy more activities that Hilton Head and Bluffton have to offer. Our other amenities, the fitness area and outdoor pool, also are a great feature that adds to our guests experience.

We hope that you will recommend us and stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The reviews were so bad I was dreading the place. Actually it was quiet nice. Big clean rooms. A little old fashioned in furniture - bed perfectly comfortable. Service was friendly and competent. I would happily stay here again. Only downside is no breakfast in hotel and pool is small. Walk to McDonalds right next door.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank jamesmorton
GMSC314, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that we met and exceeded your expectations and that you had a positive stay with us!

We hope that you will recommend us and stay with us again in the future.
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

the staff was very pleasant ,room was adaquet, loved the little kitchenette comfortable free wifi a plus smoke free rooms great stop over place would diffently go back.would highly recommend.great resturants on the strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Theressa T
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate that you would recommend our hotel to others. Our friendly, caring staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests share similar experiences although travelling for different purposes and lengths of time.

We are definitely located in a great location along Fording Island Rd (Hwy 278), between the two factory outlet malls. There is unlimited shopping, dining and activities within 15 minutes of the hotel.
indian land SC
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Reading some of thereviews, I wonder if I stayed at the same hotel. My wife & I stayed about 3 months because of a delay in moving into our new home. We opted for the smallest room which cost $880/month including tax. Every request was satisfied. A broken handle on the refrigerator was replaced in 15 minutes. Towels were always supplied and exrras were also there.
Never saw a bug. The trash in the trash room was collected at 2-3 times a week. It was always neat and clean. The front desk personel were always helpful and friendly.
Yes, there are some dogs but did not hear. Only problem with the 2nd floor is who is staying above you. Ninety percent of the occupants were almost noiseless. Once-in-a-while there was a worker who dropped his boots! I don't think they realized the sound they made. We were in the non-smoking building and practically no sounds were ever heard from the other rooms.

All-in--alll, this is a very reasonable place to stay in a highly visited resortarea. By the way, you can walk to a McDonalds next door, if desired.

Room Tip: The third floor would eliminate the possiblity of a shoe being dropped above you.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kumoglassman
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three nights last month with no hot water for the entire time. The front desk Did not inform me of this at check in even though another guest said the entire building had been out for several days. When I complained all the would say is that the problem is being worked on but they could provide no timeframe for for it to be completed. Everyone at the desk seemed to care less about the situation even though I was not the only person complaining.

Other than this major problem the room was outdated and really showed age and wear. It could have been cleaned a lot better too. Stay here only as a last resort.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Amandaw06
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Suburban Extended Stay in Bluffton, South Carolina off of Ford Island Road

Upon driving in the hotel looks quite nice, and is a good area of town. I had just driven 22 hours and so I was ecstatic at receiving my room key and headed into the adjacent building for some much needed R & R. Upon open the security door, which was not secure but actually torn out of the security mechanism, the stench of what could only be described as urine and rotten chinese food entered my nose. This is the point where I would have cancelled my reservation IF I could have. I entered my room which was clean, and functional. For such a uppity building I was put off my the fact my refrigerator was missing a handle, the bathroom cabinet hinge was broken, and my AC unit smelled like it was burning. Day after the day the stench continued to grow, due to the fact they did not utilize any AC in the hallways of the hotel. I investigated, and found a “trash room” which contained dozens of bags of trash, sitting there in the 90 degree heat with 88% humidity. I was there 6 days, and the trash from the ‘trash room” was taken out once, my room was never cleaned. There were barking dogs in rooms on the premises, and the elevator also smelled like pee and clorox. My 8 year old son, held his breath on the way to our room...

In short, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, under any circumstances.

Room Tip: try the comfort suites down the road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Helen M
Springtown, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor before I booked, and was apprehensive, the low rate reeled me in. $39.00 a night for a king size room with a kitchenette couldn't be beat. The first night we arrived after hours and were booked in a queen room. The only bad experience happened the second we opened the door to our room. This second floor room had 1, 2, and then a 3rd roach in the kitchen area. So my husband being a former exterminator, bought some roach spray from the Kroger down the road. We sprayed the nooks and crannies and never saw another roach. The next morning we were booked in the king size room on the 3rd floor, bug spray in hand, but we never had to use it. Four more nights in a clean quiet room with a flat screen tv just a few miles from Hilton Head Island for such a low price? Can't complain about anything else except the linens. Since it is extended stay, for just a few nights you have to take used towels down to the front desk and ask for replacements. One morning they told me they wouldn't have any available until 3:00. Since we weren't going to be back until after the office closed that would not work so I had to chase down the maid and ask for her to get them.

I would recommend this as a good place to stay. The staff is friendly, the pool is nice, I felt safe. I liked it!

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
#23 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head? Share your experiences!