Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights just to get away and spend some good quality time together. This hotel made that even better. From the moment we arrived till the time we left every thing was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. This hotel is very well taken care of. You can bring your pet for a small fee. There is no pet smell whatsoever. There was plenty to do nearby. A quick drive and you're in Hilton Head. Right around the corner and you're at Old Town Bluffton. And only 25 miles from Savannah. Last but not least; free breakfast! (the cinnamon rolls are yummy)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you and we are so glad you selected our hotel during your recent travel to our area. Our location is in the heart of Bluffton close to shopping and dining. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We spent two nights here while visiting relatives nearby. Our room (#320) was modern, comfortable, spacious, quiet, and squeaky clean. In fact, the entire hotel was squeaky clean, and it smelled great, especially when first entering the hotel. The staff was efficient, helpful, and friendly. Our charming breakfast room hostess, Miss Mary, kept the extensive breakfast bar well-stocked and the room clean. She greeted everyone with a smile and a few words, and she was very gracious and helpful. A wondrous pancake machine, which put out perfect pancakes, was a new discovery. We would definitely stay in this hotel again. What great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gardenmann
Thank you for sharing your personal experience about our hotel with us. I look forward to sharing this with our team. Our team prides themselves on making our hotel the best place to stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip!!
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We only spent one night here, but would definitely stay in this Holiday Inn again, should we be looking for a hotel in this area. The front desk persons were friendly and helpful and our room was very quiet and spacious. The plentiful breakfast was an unexpected bonus, and very tasty.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brandy G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in mid-December 2013. The rooms are clean and very nice and look new. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet. The breakfast host was very accommodating and the breakfast buffet is very nice. This is a great spot to stay and tour the area with day trips to Savannah and Beaufort. Hilton Head Island is only 20 minutes away and there are many interesting stops along the way. Bluffton has a nice old town area and the hotel is near several restaurants. But don't miss a stop at Captain Woody's - nice atmosphere, good food and great prices.

I would recommend it to anyone and certainly would go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Friendlytravler
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is in the heart of Bluffton which is close to shopping and dining. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
east tn
Reviewed January 7, 2014

was passing through on a trip to Florida and found this gem, extra clean, quite, well appointed, excellent staff, great CLEAN breakfast area, great place to stay if you are in Hilton head/ Beaufort area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank baysfamily1
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your personal experience about our hotel with us. I look forward to sharing this with our team. We hope to see you again on your next trip!!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I made a last minute trip to Hilton Head and decided to stay off the island because it was such a late decision to go for New Years.

First - Location
If you are looking for close to the beach - don't even consider this hotel. However, for shopping, it's in a great location. Next door to Target and Dicks Sporting Goods and just down the street from both Tanger Outlets. It is easy to access the island and a quick trip to Savannah, and it sets back off the road, so it was quiet. Needless to say if you are coming to Hilton Head for shopping and not for the beach - this hotel is for you!

Cleanliness
I would say it was of average cleanliness, I got what I expected, no complaints.

The room
Nice size, comfortable bed, nice decor. Again, no real complaints. If I had to give one, it would be the TV felt small, but that isn't a big deal at all.

My gripes
At checkin I was given 2 keys - neither worked. I'm sorry, but when you make the keys, I've carried all my stuff to the room, it is a hassle to have to leave all of your stuff or haul it down to the front desk to get the keys remade.

At 5:40AM the fire alarm went off. Not cool. I had a hard time falling asleep and I had just fallen asleep, the front desk claimed the laundry room was on fire but no emergency and to go back to bed. At check out, not so much as an apology for waking me up - I get it, I know stuff happens, but an apology and hope to see you soon would have gone a long way.

At breakfast, the breakfast lady yelled at guests, including myself, who walked into the breakfast room without shoes. I don't have shoes on 90% of the time I'm at home or in a hotel and was still wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt I had slept in. I was also fairly grumpy from having been woke up at such an ungodly hour. The cinnamon rolls made up for it.

For the price I paid, the Holiday Inn Beach House was only about $20 more, and I would have gladly paid it had I known what the night would entail.

I'm not saying I would't stay here again - but I certainly think there are plenty of other options where the keys work, fire alarms don't go off, and you don't get yelled at for walking to breakfast without shoes.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, and at this hotel, don't forget your shoes when going to breakfast you mig...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joshinnorthGA
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at our hotel. We are in close proximity to shopping and dining which makes us an ideal location for travelers. We are deeply sorry about the fire alarm issue as we did have a fire in our laundry room and safety is our top priority. As a courtesy to all of our guests and their safety we ask that shoes and shirt be worn at all times. Our cinnamon rolls are the best and we are glad that you enjoyed them while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is one of the best dog friendly hotels for us. They usually always give us a room on the first floor, there is a walking area, and it is conveniently located with a number of restaurant choices very nearby. Great stopping point for us and very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. For the extra $20 it is worth it for the extra room if you have a pet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail H
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We are so happy that you consider our hotel one of your best!! Our staff works hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay while with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!