“EXTRA CLEAN WINNER OF TRIPADVISOR AWARDS”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
east tn
“EXTRA CLEAN WINNER OF TRIPADVISOR AWARDS”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

was passing through on a trip to Florida and found this gem, extra clean, quite, well appointed, excellent staff, great CLEAN breakfast area, great place to stay if you are in Hilton head/ Beaufort area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank baysfamily1
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your personal experience about our hotel with us. I look forward to sharing this with our team. We hope to see you again on your next trip!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I made a last minute trip to Hilton Head and decided to stay off the island because it was such a late decision to go for New Years.

First - Location
If you are looking for close to the beach - don't even consider this hotel. However, for shopping, it's in a great location. Next door to Target and Dicks Sporting Goods and just down the street from both Tanger Outlets. It is easy to access the island and a quick trip to Savannah, and it sets back off the road, so it was quiet. Needless to say if you are coming to Hilton Head for shopping and not for the beach - this hotel is for you!

Cleanliness
I would say it was of average cleanliness, I got what I expected, no complaints.

The room
Nice size, comfortable bed, nice decor. Again, no real complaints. If I had to give one, it would be the TV felt small, but that isn't a big deal at all.

My gripes
At checkin I was given 2 keys - neither worked. I'm sorry, but when you make the keys, I've carried all my stuff to the room, it is a hassle to have to leave all of your stuff or haul it down to the front desk to get the keys remade.

At 5:40AM the fire alarm went off. Not cool. I had a hard time falling asleep and I had just fallen asleep, the front desk claimed the laundry room was on fire but no emergency and to go back to bed. At check out, not so much as an apology for waking me up - I get it, I know stuff happens, but an apology and hope to see you soon would have gone a long way.

At breakfast, the breakfast lady yelled at guests, including myself, who walked into the breakfast room without shoes. I don't have shoes on 90% of the time I'm at home or in a hotel and was still wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt I had slept in. I was also fairly grumpy from having been woke up at such an ungodly hour. The cinnamon rolls made up for it.

For the price I paid, the Holiday Inn Beach House was only about $20 more, and I would have gladly paid it had I known what the night would entail.

I'm not saying I would't stay here again - but I certainly think there are plenty of other options where the keys work, fire alarms don't go off, and you don't get yelled at for walking to breakfast without shoes.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, and at this hotel, don't forget your shoes when going to breakfast you mig...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joshinnorthGA
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at our hotel. We are in close proximity to shopping and dining which makes us an ideal location for travelers. We are deeply sorry about the fire alarm issue as we did have a fire in our laundry room and safety is our top priority. As a courtesy to all of our guests and their safety we ask that shoes and shirt be worn at all times. Our cinnamon rolls are the best and we are glad that you enjoyed them while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is one of the best dog friendly hotels for us. They usually always give us a room on the first floor, there is a walking area, and it is conveniently located with a number of restaurant choices very nearby. Great stopping point for us and very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. For the extra $20 it is worth it for the extra room if you have a pet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail H
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We are so happy that you consider our hotel one of your best!! Our staff works hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay while with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had business in Bluffton SC and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. AWSOME place and located close to everything whether walking or driving. Greeted with a smile and everyone who I had the pleasure of meeting was extremely helpful. Clean and comfortable hotel and set back far enough from the roadway to make it nice and quiet. Several options for dining within walking distance and close to Old Town Bluffton for a quick drive if needed. Close to the Hilton Head area also. I wish I could remember the names of the desk staff, but needless to say they were excellent. This will be my place to stay when in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank safetytraveler1
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and its location. We sure hope your business in the area was successful and you will consider our hotel again in the future. Safe travels until we see you again.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed very much our stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bluffton. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The service and attention were remarkable as well. It was also very conveniently located. It has very good restaurants and supermarkets around that are available until late at night. If I could I'd come back as soon as possible!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank April I
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. Our staff works hard to ensure each guests enjoys their stay while with us. We hope you will consider our hotel again if you are in the area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were here for a wedding. We had a great location, the hotel was quite nice, as were the rooms. We enjoyed the front desk night manager so much. She was truly congenial, real, and most helpful and fun. She answered all of our questions and was efficient in the whole process. Our room was nice and felt totally rested both days. No traffic noise was detected especially since it is somewhat removed from the street. That was nice in many ways. Parking was nice and the awning was helpful when raining. It was relatively new and everything was in close proximity of the hotel. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with our team. Our location is unique in that we are close to many retail stores, dinning and close to Hilton Head Island. We look forward to your next visit to our area.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had to find a motel for one night between two time shares. Stayed at Holiday Inn Express and was very pleased. Vivian was excellent. I had called to see if we could check in early as we had to be out of our time share at 10 am. A room was not ready at that time, but about an hour later Vivian called to say she had a room ready for us. I thought that was excellent customer service. Nice breakfast bar with fresh fruit and hot items. It is near shopping and restaurants. We attended Art and Seafood Fest in Bluffton and had a great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and we are thrilled that you selected our hotel. I will share your post with our team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Best Western Ocean Breeze Inn
Best Western Ocean Breeze Inn
#11 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!