“Great pizza, although a bit pricy”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #47 of 205 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Love the pizza, but 2 beers, 2 small salads and 1 medium pizza was $48.00. Quality is good but even personal pizzas are expensive.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to mellow several times with groups of people or dates with the husband and it's been consistent with being decent. Recently, a group of us came in to eat and were sat in the bar booths and the group was split sat back to back. We were served by the bartender who seemed very casual and mellow (see what I did there?). Well, the booth behind me, who I was a party of, ordered a pizza that looked really good and after trying a bite, I asked the server/tender if I could have one too. He asked just like theirs? and I said, the bbq with chicken and cheese (which was the same as theirs). He brings me a pizza I didn't order, and when I asked him if that was the same as theirs, he told me yes.... three times. The more bites I take don't change the way a pizza tastes. After being 100% sure that was not the pizza I ordered, he told me. "oh, we don't serve that this late." I was confused because the same party as me ordered that pizza 10-15 minutes prior to me wanting one as well. He didn't offer to take the pizza or fix the problem, and the pizza was ok so I boxed it up to take him for my husband. While we waited for 30 minutes for our checks, the bartender was taking shots with people at the bar, looking at us and not acknowledging the standard "check please" signals. Mellows service has usually had a tendency to be slow, but this experience of rudeness, lack of knowing the menu? and intentional neglect, did me in.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Since I live in Bluffton people always rave about the mellow mushroom ... On this visit it was food to go med pizza and a Greek salad 29 bucks a bit pricey ! The pizza was ok since it was for my husband who likes the Hawaiian style the crust had nice flavor the rest was pretty average =( The Salad was not good at all the lettuce was old and starting to brown the cukes were already past their day .. some of the ingredients were a bit odd in a Greek salad (sliced raw mushrooms , bannana peppers ? ) Over all this was a Flop ! Not sure we will go back =( I guess we stick to the New York City Pizza across the road .

Reviewed January 24, 2013

With the remodeling, it seems a lot cleaner in Mellow Mushroom. It was kinda dicey in there for a while! I gave a mediocre rating because the wait staff is in NO hurry and they are understaffed. We went three times in December, and it was always the same.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Best pizza in town..fun place for the family.. High recommend to everyone...fast service even on the weekends we never wait too long.. Always great food... Every time,