“Quirky place for a good breakfast”
Review of Sippin Cow at Peppers Old Town - CLOSED

Sippin Cow at Peppers Old Town
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sippin Cow Café, a staple of Old Town Bluffton for more than 10 years, has merged with another Bluffton favorite, Pepper's Old Town...for an exciting new restaurant: Sippin Cow at Pepper's Old Town. We will be serving the same great breakfast, brunch and lunch offerings that Sippin Cow is famous for and the equally famous Low Country Cuisine & Great Entertainment at Pepper's Old Town! Relaxed dining, outdoor bar and fire pits for enjoying the Best of Bluffton. We now serve breakfast (served all day), lunch (open Tuesday - Saturday, 7 - 3 and Sunday 9 - 2) and dinner (Thursday - Sunday,4 - 9). Come visit a piece of local history and enjoy the Low Country's finest cuisine. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast on the way to Savannah from Hilton Head. Seating inside is minimal, outdoor seating is available. Good coffee and good food. Service was friendly as well. I would eat here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped here after a recommendation from a local merchant and couldn't have been more delighted with our experience! The menu was filled with simple comfort food which was reasonably priced and offered something for everyone. Several of us had breakfast and a few had lunch. It was all delicious and everyone cleaned their plate! The staff were friendly and patient and put us at ease. Give this place a try and you will see what southern hospitality is all about!!!;)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Friendly service in a restaurant favored by locals and travelers alike. Wonderful vegetarian and well as heavy-on-the-meat sandwiches and daily specials. Try the Rancher sandwich loaded with roast beef, bacon, and horseradish sauce or one of the more healthy wraps. The homemade slaw is really good. Just a real nice stop for lunch.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We took our troop of 7 teen Girl Scouts for lunch at the Sippin Cow based on the recommendation of our kayaking guides from Marshgrass Adventures.

All of our girls were able to find something on the menu that sounded good. The menu had a large variety of freshly made sandwiches, salads and other entrees. We were informed by the owner, Christy, that all items were fresh and homemade.

Girls and leaders both were thrilled when food arrived. The salads were fresh and beautiful. The sandwiches were very filling (I recommend the shrimp sandwich). The dessert was amazing.

Aside from the wonderful food, the cafe is filled with local artists work. We also chatted with other friendly, local diners.

I loved my meal and experience so much, I bought a Sipping cow t-shirt. I can't wait to take my entire family back on our next family vacation.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

A friend and I were driving around Bluffton looking through various thrift stores when we suddenly realized how hungry we were--up and down Mayriver Rd. were some interesting places but this one sort of called to me--fun cow motif, happy-looking diners, and just a friendly aura about it, so we decided to take a chance. First thing that struck me, besides the smell of good food, was the décor, which is an eclectic and kitchy, from paintings by local artists to all kinds of antique mirrors, chairs and such, as well as colorful posters--there's something to catch the eye on every wall. Step up to the counter, have a look at the menu or pour over the blackboard to your left for a guide to the goodies--a good friend of the owner takes your order with a smile. Drinks are in the cooler, get your own ice and the food is quickly prepared at the grill,--clean freaks will be happy at the level of order and neat kitchen area (you can watch them prepare your meal). I am a seafood-hound, so I wanted to try the grilled fish sandwich--you pick your bread--with cheese and a side salad--it was as good as it looked, seriously delicious (the melted cheese just pulled all the flavors together so well), and the salad had an almost artistic arrangement of fresh vegies--also good with the balsamic vinaigrette. My friend chose the Cuban sandwich with potato salad--she lived in Miami quite a while and loves it--and though she really liked the sandwich (it was so big she took home half for later), she said there was some difference in the dressing that was unexpected; I also noticed that the sandwich was not pressed or grilled like Cubans usually are, but since it tasted so good we didn't complain. The owner took time to come over and sit with us a few minutes during a slow period (it was a late lunch), along with her friend who was helping out, and we told her how very much we liked the food and service here. I've also looked at the breakfast menu and can't wait to come back!