“I've been searching for this bun noodle salad!”
Review of Saigon Cafe

Saigon Cafe
Ranked #3 of 211 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Ever since Saigon palace closed in columbus years ago, I've not been able to find a bun noodle salad that tastes as good. Until now. I would swear it's the same chef/owner, although the dressing is slightly less flavorful, and the vegetable spring rolls slightly darker/not quite as perfect. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and fresh. Yummy. I enjoyed the salad and will search it out next time I'm in Hilton head.

Btw, we got the orange chicken for the toddler - and it was really good. An actual crispy skin and flavorful light sauce.

1  Thank artsiren

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is truly a great find!
We were the first family to enter as they opened at five, we were welcomed by the owner and seated promptly!

The waitresses are young, college aged girls and very knowledgeable about the menu items!

Your glass is constantly being refilled, which is great!

As we waited for our food we noticed that many people came in for takeout, at least 5 different people!
The other tables also filled quickly for being a Tuesday night!

Our food come out fast for being a party of 9. Everyone enjoyed there entrees and not one person walked away hungry!

This restaurant is a must try!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Found out about this place from a lady at Clinique sales counter in Belk in Hilton Head. She used to be a flight attendant on international routes so loves authentic Asian food. She recommended this place to us since we are Asians. It is conveniently located near the outlet in Bluffton so we tried it. Surprisingly it is pretty good. Not the most authentic ever, but considering it's in SC it is probably as good as it gets.

The squid salad was really good, big enough portion for our family of 5 to share as appetizer. My kids shared a regular pho (beef based), my husband got a seafood noodle soup and I got a spicy pho, all were pretty good. My mom got a crispy egg noodle with vegetables and the noodles were very crunchy, the way we like it. We would return.

The only complaint I have is the dishes are more expensive than Vietnamese restaurants in other locations (even compare to SC). Everything was $2 more than what I normally pay for Vietnamese food.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Poor food, had to wait too long, after the main course we got immediately the bill without even ask if we wanted a dessert.
The waiter was terrible. No tip at all. Terrible price/quality ratio.
Avoid if possible.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Regular weekly diner for years. To be fair, Normally very good. Today spicy squid lemongrass undercooked and inedible.

Enjoyed hot/sour soup and fried pork roll. Told server food inedible. He laughed. Figured language problem. Told waitress - tell manager food inedible. She said he doesn't understand. Told her I will explain - go get him. She comes back and says he won't come- too busy to speak to me.

Well, she is always nice and soup and roll were good - so, paid bill, left a tip and that's that. Never again.
Too bad - so sad..