“Fresh and Friendly”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We've enjoyed the Saigon Cafe since the current management took it over from previous owners. We have never been disappointed in the quality of the food or the friendly service. It's one of our favorite lunch choices and now that they've got beer and wine back, it will be a dinner destination as well. The beer list is terrific, but the wine choices are weak.
I need my weekly pho fix and I'm never disappointed. Ask for it spicy!

1  Thank Lagputter
There are newer reviews for Saigon Cafe

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Thomas and his family are wonderful. I had never had Vietnamese prior to dining here. Number 26 is my go to! It is so delicious with lime, cilantro, noodles and pork. My kids are so spoiled by the food here they no longer want to eat at hibachi style places with miso! The food is ALWAYS perfect, the service is personal and the best I have had ANYWHERE. I wish that Thomas could do a training for customer service in the area so that folks can remember what the service industry is about!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Very clean basic place. Friendly service and lots of vegetarian options. Also they make the food when ordered so they can (and will) make changes to the menu. The yellow pancake is very good. Lemon grass chicken also excellent. Portions are a good size. Big beer menu - careful, the strong beer is strong!!!

Not a place for a fancy meal but certainly a good place for a good meal!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

You can easily miss it on this small row of three-four stores off Fording road. It is family run, frequented by regulars mainly, non descript, neat and clean.

We were there for lunch. The chicken fried rice with eggs, carrots, peas and onion was delicious. The curry chicken sauteed with onions topped with peanuts was definitely excellent, a bit too much onions but plenty of chicken morsels. In both plates the ingredients were very fresh and pipping hot from the wok.

Good value and good quality.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food here is fresh and well-prepared. The menu is extensive. We had fresh rolls to begin and they were excellent. I had sauteed seafood and vegetables with a Vietnamese sauce. It was very tasty with fresh shrimp, calimari, mussels, scallops, etc. The sauce was described as spicy, which worried me a bit, but it did not seem spicy to me. I would definitely recommend this place for dinner. Up until now, they have been open seven days a week, but a sign on the door indicated they will soon will be closed on Mondays.