“Good Southern Food!”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #4 of 205 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Winner of Hilton Head Monthly Reader's Choice Awards and Best of Bluffton Awards in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010! Sit back and relax in this cozy, 1868 Low Country cottage, then savor delicious, sophisticated fare for Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Afternoon Tea, Early Dining, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Breakfast items include Green Eggs N' Ham, Cottage Hash, French Toast, Huevos Rancheros, and a long list of Benedicts! Lunch includes award-winning Tacos, Pot Pies, Awesome Salads, Lettuce Wraps, Paninis, the BEST Fried Green Tomatoes EVER, and house specials such as B'Town Gumbo, Shrimp & Grits, Lobster Avocado Roll, Cranberry Trout , Flounder Amandine and more! The Cottage features 20-30 different desserts every day. Award-winning Pistachio Cake is a MUST! Choose from the daily delectable assortment of pies, cakes, cookies, bread pudding, dessert bars, brownies, shortbread, corn bread, homemade granola, cheesecakes, local honey and more! The Cottage offers a full bar including wine and beer, house-roasted coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, espresso and more than 75 loose-leaf teas to choose from. Dine indoors or out on the wrap-around porch. Pet friendly. Reservations suggested for parties of five or more.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been here multiple times, often when stopping at the Bluffton Farmer's Market. The Cottage was open for Topas and my dad and I decided to eat out side. Usually we go during lunch. The menu is small as it is a special menu. I ordered the BBQ chicken and corn bread and my dad got the fish tacos. I was worried about the portions and I didn't think it was going to be enough, but the portions were generous. The chicken was so tender and declicious and it went well with the corn bread too. The corn bread tasted more like a sweet cake and wasn't dry one bit like some corn bread I've had. I tried the fish tacos that my dad got and they were delicious too. If I wanted something lighter I would have definitely ordered those. Going back again, I would definitely try the fish tacos! One bite wasn't enough. Overall, I would definitely recommend you visit this cozy restaurant.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Loved sitting outside on the porch and watching people. Food was excellent. Great salads and sandwiches. Service was great too.
I had the salad of the day with garlic flatbread and shrimp, which was terrific.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

It has become a special place for us! Great food, decent service in a wonderful atmosphere on Old Bluffton. The ladies and tea lovers especially enjoy The Cottage!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took out of town visitors there for lunch. Very small inside, although there are tables outside on the porch as well. We all had four different lunch entrees and sampled each others. They were all yummy! The salads were delicious! The desserts were to die for! Ambience was Southern charm and graciousness at its' finest!! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wow, Nice Small restaurant. Great service,Great food, Great Atmosphere. Decent Price, Highly Recommended.