“Can't beat this deal”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Can't beat this deal”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was attending a wedding and all the other "Name Brand" hotels the bride and groom had suggested were booked. The Candlewood Suites was on their list but I had never heard of the chain before. As leery as I was, I had to have a room, so I booked a queen size room, for a rate of $69 plus taxes. This scared me - what in the world was I going to get for that little amount of money in this prime location, especially in October when everything is full because of the area being popular for both golf and destination weddings (there were four weddings staying in the hotel that weekend alone.) What I found was shocking - first excellent service at check in, next an incredibly clean property, and then the room. When they say suite, they mean full size 'fridge, granite counter tops, microwave, utensils, a good size desk and desk chair, as well as a comfy club chair and an amazingly comfortable bed. All pristinely clean and ordor free.Free Wi-Fi- which worked perfectly the first time - no issues. Every time I went through the lobby the front desk people spoke. If I had any questions, anyone was quick to help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ACW2243
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review, ACW2243! We strive to provide excellent accommodations at affordable prices and it is great to hear that you found both here at Candlewood Suites Bluffton. Candlewood Suites is a relatively new brand to the IHG/Holiday Inn family, specializing in extended-stay accommodations. I'll certainly pass your kind comments along to our staff. Thanks again and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was recently at this hotel for 3 nights and the experience was great. The staff was very friendly and the rooms, hotel and pool area were kept clean. The manager Bryon was always asking how everything was and if we needed anything. Just an all around great stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew P
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comment Andrew P!

We couldn't have asked for a more glowing review, thank you so much.

Bryon is a tremendous asset and I'm glad he kept checking up on you!

We hope to see you soon.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2013

location was perfect with an Ale house in the parking lot. The outdoor gas grills and pool was a great touch and fun place to hang out. Room was very clean and i'm a snob when it comes to clean rooms. Anytime the manager goes out o there way to introduce thmself and ensure the stay is going well...my impressed factor goes up even more ( Brian..i think was his name). will be back next year!

Room Tip: 1st floor was great. I never heard anyone above me and they were pretty full.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments cbshane!

I'm very pleased you found our hotel a fun place to stay and clean!

Glad you were able to meet Bryon, he's a tremendous asset to our hotel.

Look forward to seeing you next year!

Take care.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before and we were pleasantly surprised or should I say "blown away." Rooms are nicely done, bathroom is a great size, plenty of towels. Efficiency kitchen (although a full size fridge is more than efficiency in my book!) has everything you need (two circle stovetop, full size dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, utensils, plates, bowls, containers) plus some nice complimentary items, popcorn, coffee and more if you need. A convenience store on site is an added bonus, free laundry machines...we are going to make sure there's a Candlewood Suites at our destinations before we check other brand hotels. Great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments NCMom6!

Wow, we couldn't have expected a more raving review, thank you so much.

I'm very happy you enjoyed every facet of our property and hope to see you again in the near future.

Take care!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a very pleasant experience. Hotel staff greeted us warmly each time we entered or existed the hotel. Rooms was very clean and had just about everything we needed for our stay. Bed was extremely comfortable and I had the best sleep I've had in a while. Bathroom was spotless. We were surprised at how quiet the room was. Very little hallway noise and even the air conditioner was relatively quiet by hotel standards. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments closetoretirement!

Wow we couldn't have expected a more raving review. We are very happy you found our rooms clean, comfortable, quiet and our staff courteous. I will pass this review onto our front desk and housekeeping staff. I'm sure they'll be very happy you enjoyed our hotel.

We hope to see you again in your travels.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We drove to the Bluffton area later than expected on a weekend night that was busy with a popular concert and a military graduation. We were visiting wedding venues so we did not make reservations as we had planned to just stay somewhere close by. Bad, bad thought. After calling my usuals, one hotel mentioned Candlewood. I called "twice" and she gave me directions since it was hard to see signage in this area and the roads were under massive construction late at night. **what a surprise to find a pleasant and helpful front desk who went a bit further to explain this was a Holiday Inn member and I could use my points, which she had to search for. She gave me a member rate and we were off to check out the room.

In maybe a 8 foot space in one area of the room is the best set up. One will find a granite counter top, full size frig,, micro, full sink, complete set of nice cook ware, set for two dishes, a dishwasher and a three burner cooktop stove. The micro had a rubbermaid bowl in it with a package of popcorn for your use. Heavy silverware and no plastics. Dishwasher and liquid soaps. The bedding was great, flat screen tv with dvd player and a library of movies downstairs. Also downstairs was a little pantry of food items for purchase. I use to travel often and would easily tire of eating out. This would be the answer to that. The next morning I rang my husband and mentioned this great set up. The facility had a nice pool area and also a grill area for guest to use. A nice laundry was on site too. For this level of a hotel chain so much of these items were such added touches. I will definately look for Candlewood in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments BBelenchia!

Wow, thank you for such a raving review. We are so pleased you chose to stay with us and found our hotel accommodating in so many ways. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels return you to the Bluffton- Hilton Head area.

Thanks again!
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at your place because we had the sweetest most perfect niece graduating from Parris Island as a USMC Marine(Boot Camp)! We had a wonderful time at Candlewood ! Will be back soon!

• Stayed August 2013
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments Debra Strozier H!

First let me wish you congratulations on your niece's graduation from Parris Island. We're very proud to be a requested lodging destination for the Marines.

We are so happy you enjoyed staying with us and want you to come back on vacation if you can.

Take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
#18 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!