Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Hardeeville(Hardeeville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundrystove topfront deskhilton headcracker barrelan extended stayone bedroom suiteice makerparris islandfood liongreeted us warmlybed and pillowsdirty towelsflat screen tvparking lothotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This location was great. The room however was at abets average. The lobby smelled like an ash tray and from there my impression went down. The biggest problem with this hotel and really with this chain is that there is no sound attenuation and it is loud all night long. If I cannot sleep, I cannot write a good review. I always evaluating the hotel for future business use but dropped that idea altogether.

Stayed: January 2013
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thanks for your review, Michael D. I am very surprised to hear that you experienced issues with sound at our property, as we get many comments about how quiet other guests find our suites. As a property that is only two and a half years old, we have excellent sound-proofing in our guest suites, and are situated so that we experience little to no road noise at all. As for any smoke odor that you might have found in our lobby, I do apologize. We do our best to situate the designated smoking areas away from the lobby entrances, but guests do occasionally come inside immediately after smoking and bring the odor along with them. I assure you that this is not a regular occurance. If you find yourself in the Bluffton area anytime in the near future, we hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business. Please contact me directly and I will make sure that your rate is adjusted accordingly. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Me and my boyfriend were looking to spend some alone time together, so we got a room here, and everything was excellent. The room was a tad bit small but it was very cozy. It has a fully equipped kitchen, dining table, flat screen tv with DVD player, a WONDERFUL sized bathroom with room to do more than turn around, and a nice comfy bed. It was my boyfriend's birthday, and he was definitely pleased with my choice of the hotel. One thing that sold us on the room was the DVD player, which was an awesome asset to our experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Oh and one other thing....fix that pot hole that is in the middle of the exiting of the hotel! That is more than a pot hole, you could bury somebody in that big hole! Lol. Me and my boyfriend definitely will be back soon:)

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your review, NovaLove! We are pleased to hear that you found everything satisfactory during your most recent visit and also that you'll be back again soon. As for the pot hole, I do apologize. We are aware of it and have been working for some time to get it fixed, as it is not technically on our property, but I can assure you that it will be repaired very soon. Thanks again and we will be awaiting you and your loved one's return! Please pass on a belated "Happy Birthday" from the management and staff of Candlewood Bluffton!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for my son's Marine graduation. Was very clean, quiet and roomy. There were 4 of us. Even the pullout sofa bed was comfortable (which is a plus) The kitchen was perfect as we brought some food to make. Walmart was just around the corner also. The laundry service was free is you stayed there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvisor! It is always great to hear that we've accomplished our goal of making our guests as comfortable as we possibly can during their stay at Candlewood Suites Bluffton. We are very fortunate to be located as close as we are to Parris Island, which allows us to provide such wonderful accommodations to those who are serving our country in the military, as well as the many proud families and friends that come to watch their young soldier graduate. I'm glad to hear that you found Walmart, which is conveniently located just 3 miles west of the hotel and is a perfect pit stop to stock up on all of the great breakfast, lunch, and dinner items that you can prepare in the fully equip kitchen found in all of our guest suites. The option of making your own, healthier meals during your short or extended vacation is sure to save you a bundle! We invite all of our guests to make themselves at home while a guest at our property. We have provided brand new gas grills in our covered gazebo area right next to the pool, and invite our guests to grill out and enjoy our warm yet beautiful South Carolina evenings. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you and your family once again on your next vacation to the Bluffton/Hilton Head Island area!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good quiet location away from the traffic noise. Rooms nice, staff very helpful and accomodating. The front desk staff were very polite and good to deal with, the housekeeping staff was also very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the fact that the washers and dryers cost nothing, all we needed was detergent. Nicely equipped work-out room and a few restaurants and food store and drug store were only a short walk away.

Room Tip: Stayed on second floor and that was good, pets were on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, Serge T! We are happy to hear that you found everything satisfactory during your recent stay at our property. We hope to see you again, should you find yourself in the Bluffton area anytime in the near future!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rooms are fairly basic but are large, clean and have a kitchen which is convenient for longer trips. There is in room coffee and 24 hour coffee available in the lobby. They also have a microwave and popcorn to start off your visit. The hote is very quiet and well located. Good value .

Room Tip: Higher levels are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks for the review, MaryEllen! I hope the weather in Pittsburgh is as nice as it has been here in Bluffton! We're glad you found the popcorn in your suite's microwave, as well as the Maxwell House coffee that we place in all of our guest suites. Our property is very fortunate to be situated with such easy access to Hwy. 278/Fording Island Road, while generally remaining shielded from the highway noise that you would find at other hotels in the area. Our staff works hard to provide our guests only the cleanest and best-maintained accommodations possible. Thank you for your comments and business. We look forward to seeing you again soon!