“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The hotel is new and is well designed. Plenty of electrical outlets and a sensible kitchen. There are even gas grills available for guest use outside by the pool. Lots of TV channels available and a DVD player in the room. The hotel is very clean. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Hotel is in a nice area with several restaurant and shops within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LS1015
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for much for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time at the Candlewod Suites. It is our pleasure to accommodate you and ensure you have the best stay possible. We look forward to another visit from you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I'm a traveling sales man that works out of town for two weeks at a time. Its hard finding a hotel that makes you feel comfortable for that long of a period. Candlewood Suites has been a great place to stay. My queen size bed is absoultely wonderful. The work station (desk) has plug ins right next to it so my laptop cord isn't stretched across the room. It has a comfortable recliner under a lamp for a great place to read or watch TV. The TV is a flat screen and has a DVD player hooked up to it (the lobby has a good library of DVD's you can borrow). My favorite part is the kitchen! Full size fridge and freezer, a big microwave, stove top, and a dishwasher. Being gone for so long, without these its real easy to eat junk food on a regular basis. I've been able to carry the same type of diet I have at home plus they have an onsight work out facility that I use daily. Highly recommend staying here if visitng the Hitlon Head area, especially for mulitple nights. Also, if you like to golf, this is a great spot! Multiple courses nearby. I know on my next trip I'll be looking for a Candlewood Suites before anything else!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bradaroonie
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly are very pleased that you were able to "Consider us Home".
We hope to be able to accommodate you again soon!
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Because of a water leak in our home we stayed at the Candlewood Suites for six weeks. We arrived on the opening weekend for the hotel and of course as with any new building there were minor kinks. Everything was handled professionally and courteously by the entire staff.
The suites are exceptional in that the kitchens have full size refrigerators with ice makers, full size dishwashers, a two burner solid surface cook top and a large pantry. All this topped with a beautiful granite counter top. The kitchen is fully stocked and there is a toaster oven available upon request.
I was concerned about having to sleep on a hotel bed and not having my special pillow for such a long time. After the six weeks I was wondering how I could get that bed and pillows home with me!
When they state PAW (Pets Are Welcome), on their signage it is an understatement.They gave our little dog a Welcome Gift Bag with treats and a toy, provide sanitary pick -up stations in the pet walking area and allow pets in the elevators (with their owners of course).
Nicole, the general manager, Darla, Courtney and Fred became as family. Every concern and need was dealt with immediately. They were all a credit to the Candlewood Suites company!
After the six weeks we spent there I feel very qualified to state it was the best hotel experience we have had in forty years of traveling and staying in many five star hotels from San Diego to New York!
Linda and Dennis

1 Thank lindaihaynes
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

My family and I stayed here the last week of July 2010. It is a brand new hotel and so the accommodations are nice, comfortable and new. There is a full kitchenette with dishes, utensils etc... It's a good location if you don't care about staying on the beach. Although it is about 12 miles from Hilton Head Island it is still a nice little drive to the actual beach from the hotel once you get into the city of Hilton Head. It is a good 25-30 minute drive one way especially when traffic hits. If you are going there you will want to get there at least an hour before the 3pm check in time or else you are in bumper to bumper traffic. all the way to your destination. The hotel has some kinks to work out....one being the card key to access your room. Something was going on with their electronic keying system...my key worked the first night and after that it went out and I continued to have problems with it even though the front desk switched it out several times. One night neither my or my husband's keys worked! There is free laundry service onsite which is nice but they need to turn the heating up on the dryers and reduce the wash cycling time...that took forever. The smoke detectors are very sensitive and will alarm easily. A guest set off the smoke detector one night while we were there and the hotel had to be evaculated until the fire department arrived, who by the way was right up the street but took forever to get there!! I also set the detector off when I poured some water into a hot skillet for soaking purposes....jeezs! All in all though, it is a great, clean and safe hotel if you don't mind being away from all of the action. The hotel staff was very nice and made us feel welcomed. My daughters loved the pool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Arlen T
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

This hotel is brand new and that was so nice. Everyone was so nice from the minute we came in the door. Our room was super with a full kitchen which we enjoyed. It is fully furnished and we could eat breakast and lunch in our room and then go out for dinner.
The pool was so nice after a hot day of siteseeing.
We will definetly be back.

1 Thank southcarolinalady_10
na
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is a new hotel. Our room was a good size with comfy beds. It was clean and the DVD player in the room is a nice touch. You can wash your clothes for free, that's pretty cool....especially in a beach area. The rooms have everything you need if you would like to self-cater. This hotel still needs to work out some minor issues (maintaining the pool and improving the night staff). I think the night staff member was sleeping when we came through. Please keep up the good work Candlewood!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank travelbunny97
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Brand new hotel in great loaction but customer service is horrible. My wife left her cell phone charger there and we called them within 2 hours about it.. Then called every 2 days for the next week and even stopped back by a week later. Each time, a manager insured us they would check for us and then call us back. Never heard a word from them. Now, I understand that they are not responsible for items left behind but they could have at least looked for us. Obviously they didn't or they would have called us back. Either someone on the staff stole it or threw it away or the next guest in that room inheritated it. Then again, it could still be plugged into the wall!

I contacted customer ralations and they emaild me to say that the property manager would contact me via email within 48 hours. That was 12 days ago and I have not hear a word so I called customer relations today. They also showed a complete disregard for the situation.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gromoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 29 in Hilton Head

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!