“Very pleased :-)”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were also staying at Candlewood Suites within walking distance (right across the parking lot) from the Okatie Ale House, so after a long trip there we put our toddlers to bed, and I walked over to pick up the take out that we had phoned in. It was all ready for me to just grab and go at the bar. Even though the bartender was busy, he recognized (don't know how) that I was probably there for the take out and interrupted his serving to hand it to me! It was all very sturdily packaged, so it survived the walk back quite well. They had live music that night, which sounded like it was a lot of fun. Too bad we didn't have a babysitter to enjoy the experience. The food was quite good, the portions were generous, and the price was reasonable. We even managed to get parts of another meal out of it. My only quibble would be that the crab and corn soup was a little too heavy on the Old Bay seasoning. There is also a homemade ice cream shop at the entrance with a wonderful selection of flavors if you need to have something sweet to end your meal with :-) You know it's good when there is almost always a line coming out of the door!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were in Bluffton visiting my gravely ill mother-in-law, so it wasn't a pleasure trip by any means. However, the Okatie Ale House made us feel like we were on vacation! It's located right next to the Hampton Inn & Suites, so it was an extremely convenient location for us. We ate there three times during our stay and each meal that we had was excellent. The staff is super friendly and quick with service. Denise was our server twice and she was very sweet and professional. Their crab cake sandwich is amazing and they have the best French fries that I've ever eaten. They have a really cute patio bar overlooking the water. Two of the nights we were there they had live music. If we lived closer this would be one of our favorite places to eat!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been here twice in the past month. We usually stop here for lunch on the way back from the airport to pick up company! Everyone always enjoys it. The patio is nice. The staff is great. The food is good & the price is right! The grouper wrap is great!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We walked here from our hotel next door. Based on previous reviews, we were a little apprehensive but it was a pleasant surprise! A generous portion of loaded nachos, excellent Long Island Iced Tea, cheap beer for hubby...good way to start a meal. I had the Grilled Chicken Walnut Salad and it was fresh and tasty. Hubby had a prime rib sandwich with sweet potato fries and he said it hit the spot. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant had a mixture of families, seniors and younger people.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Food was great service a little slow but very friendly. Great patio has live music alot. Had the crab cake sandwich fresh crab meat and believe me you can tell. Other seafood items and sandwiches and some steaks. Good prices