“I will give it another chance”
Review of Okatie Ale House

Okatie Ale House
Ranked #10 of 202 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped on the way back from Outlet Mall and I have always wanted to eat there. It was just OK, though it seems pretty local and the staff was very friendly, service was good, though our meal did take a while to come out. The server came back regularly for drink orders. Luckily we ordered an appetizer or I would have been much less amiable to the wait for main courses. I had the lunch special, some type of phillie steak and it was not as yummy as I hoped. We came in after the lunch rush, and were seated at a dirty table, but the server cleaned it off after we pointed it out. Prices are not too terrible for this close to HHI, but I would ask the server for his/her preference next time rather than ordering the special. Drink prices weren't too horribly expensive.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was very crowded. We had no idea why. The food was bland. I had Angus meatloaf that had no flavor, none. I might as have well eaten a fast food hamburger. The side of broccoli was steamed to oblivion. It was soft, with no flavor. They served mashed potatoes that I am certain were out of a box, but with salt and pepper they were the best food on the plate. The beer was the highlight of the evening. It was Yuengling at $2.75 a glass. It is excellent beer at an okay price. We figured out later that one of the restaurants in Sun City was closed so the Ale House was now the local hangout.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Enjoyed the outdoor bar, service and fun atmosphere. Food was good -- this will be a place we'll frequent, especially in the summer months.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere, casual dining with great mixed drinks. I loved the food, the service was very good and as usual for the area, the restaurant was a little difficult to find. Would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Terrific food and service with a nice view and a very interesting menu. It is a very good value at either lunch or dinner.