“pay for what u get”
Review of Marlboro Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bennettsville
Marlboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bennettsville
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Drove into Bennettsville to get a motel. We ran upon the Marlboro Inn and thought it may be reasonable. We rented a room was given the key and the key would not work on the door, (should have been first clue), went and told manager or whatever Hindu is running the place and was "downgraded" to two full beds from the previous king we paid for. Extra $10.00, oh well we got in the room the room could not have been any bigger than a walk in closet with the God awfullest ugly orange you have ever seen. Talk about feeling claustrophobic and closed in. As stated in one of the other reviews as i pulled the night stand out to plug charger in there was old food under the stand. People, please it takes 5 seconds to move a stand and vacuum. (The one cleaning lady was very nice she seemed to have it pretty rough working for those individuals). There was dried feces on the toilet handle and the room smelled so bad we went and got air fresheners, still bad. Upon asking about renting by the week I was told that she had to check to see how much it is and the manger would come talk to me which never happened the lady in the office who told me that they only rent the upstairs on a weekly basis called me in the room and said we cannot do weekly they got other reservations coming in and nothing is available. Guys two doors down from us on the first floor said they were renting by the week and were on the first floor. I hate liars and for them individuals to come to America and treat the people who pay their bills like they do should be deported back to whatever rock they crossed the border under. Please take my advise and go elsewhere

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank joybelle1

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived at the hotel expecting an average room. We got a double for a very reasonable rate and the desk clerks were very nice and helping. We entered the room and were quite impressed. Their furniture looks updated and fairly new. Sheets, pillows, and towels were spotless. TVs were average but thats all good for the rate. Room also had coffee maker, fridge, and microwave, and they also give you an iron upon requests. Bathroom was also clean. Plus it is located around many other business and right beside a McDonalds that is 24 hrs. Overall it was a great stay!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jake C
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Marlboro Inn has been around for a long time. Lately the hotel is a shambles. The rooms need a makeover. The bathrooms are terrible. It needs painting, the walls are horrible. The refrigerators are nasty. I don't see how this place is opened.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandra J
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the Marlboro Inn, less than a month ago and I must say I disagree with the reviews listed here. The rooms have been remodeled and I had no problems with the cleanliness. The staff was accomendating to my needs and I was able to enjoy my stay there without any problems. It's located very close to all the major food places in the area. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Liz J
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My mom and I stayed at Marlboro Inn and it was terrible!!

It smelled like mildew in my room, we didn't have a shower curtain in the bathroom, the tiles in the bathroom area was sticking as if they just pulled up adhesive tiles (please keep in mind, there is no renovation going on at the Motel)

The bed-sheets were stained. it looked as if the blood stains were not completely washed out, and who knows...it could've been other stains on the sheets too!!

I moved the dresser to plug in my cell phone and I saw 4 cookies under the dresser that looked like they were there for yearsss. I stepped one of the cookies because the was a big spider on it, and there was another HUGE spider that was next to the oreo that was on the floor, Thank God it was already dead (I attached photos too!!)

It was so filthy that I couldn't barely sleep, we slept for about 3 hours!! I slept with about 4 towels on the bed.

We woke up the next morning and i getting ready to go in the shower, but i wanted to put towels on the sticky bathroom floor (no floor mats) so i went to the front desk to get two towels to put on the floor...to my surprise, the Towels were stained as well and if someone wiped their backside with them.

At that point my mind was made up that we weren't going to stay there...then all of a sudden, i hear my mom screaming that something is biting her......A BEDBUG!!!!! I TOOK PICTURES TO PROVE IT!!

The Motel is old and it really needs to be shut down. The owners of the hotel didn't want to refund the night that we spent, but for the other nights that we had booked, they refunded our money and we stayed in another town about 25 miles away!!!

Thank God for priceline!!

PHOTOS ARE ATTACHED!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank TyTravels79
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The room is carpeted which looks as though it has never been cleaned... there is a smell of vomit.. the furniture is old and stained... this palce should be shut down.... I sat up for practically the whole night....I will not be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sepoc
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have stayed here a few times before also. This is an older hotel. The furniture is pretty worn and the rooms are small . the beds are ok. and for the most part pretty clean compared to much worse that I have seen at other hotels in this price range. which was 40 dollars flat when I stayed there in June 2009. They do have free wifi internet service. No mention of any breakfast , but for the money you save you can get a biscuit at the Mcdonalds just up the street. The hotel is located right in the main buisness area of the town. It is not the ritz by no means but for a business trip it works.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Marlboro Inn? Share your experiences!