“Wonderful experience!!”

Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

What a lovely
we had. We stayed two nights and loved every minute. The inn is beautiful, very clean , and the amenities are awesome. Cookies, champagne, dessert after dinner, etc.. Can't wait to go back. It was our anniversary and it was so special.

• Stayed March 2014
Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Mary K,

Hello and thank you for leaving such a fabulous review! We are so grateful to have met you, and to make your 2 day anniversary getaway so great! I am very to happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer. From out delicious southern breakfast, home made snacks all day, and our amazing desserts from our in house baker, I am not surprised you did not want to leave. Please think of us next time you travel to beautiful Beaufort South Carolina!

Thank you and I look forward to meeting you again,

Josh and the staff of the Rhett House Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights. ...the staff members are wonderful...the old house is nice inside however our stay was not perfect....the first night our room got so hot that at 2pm we had to open the window.....the next morning we found out to adjust we had to go out of our room in the hallway to turn it down....we did not turn the heat on so that is a mystery why it was so hot in our room......we had a queen size bed that was not comfortable at all....you seem to sink in the middle.....the amount this room cost per night I was expecting a lot more upscale......the breakfast was great.....we will probably not return but will try other bed and breakfast in the area. .....however to the staff THANK YOU .....YOU ALL WERE GREAT

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy H
Anya C, Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Judy H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to this enchanted city. I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations! I am glad to hear that the staff here showed you a true southern hospitality experience.

I would like you to know that I was aware of the issues you brought up when you were here, and I will be personally emailing you a gift certificate for a free stay! I really hope that you will give us one more shot to prove that we can do better.

Thank you, and if there is anything else I can do for you please let me know!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a difficult review to write. My wife and I planned to spend a weekend here for our anniversary trip to Beaufort. Many of the staff are exceptional and the house is a beautiful historic property in a perfect location in the historic district. They also offer great amenities like a full bar and pies and cakes that are baked fresh in-house daily. Unfortunately, in our room the mattress, linens, and thermostat were in such poor condition that neither of us were able to sleep. Our one night was so bad that we checked out the next morning, cancelling the rest of our stay there, and by mid-day were so exhausted that we decided to make the 6 hour drive back home instead of finding another hotel and spending more time in Beaufort. So, there are some great things at Rhett House and they have real potential but if you stay there you should carefully inspect everything before you agree to accept the room.

Room Tip: Obviously some rooms have very old mattresses and bedding that is literally falling apart because th...
1 Thank Jason C
Jason C,

I am very glad that we spoke on the phone after you left and we had time to correct the situation. After you checked out and we spoke on the phone, I had a meeting with the owner Steve Harrison, who took a great interest in your comments and is working so that we will never have a guest not enjoy something about this beautiful home. I did refund your stay and I pray that you will give us another shot when you do travel down to Beaufort South Carolina again.

All we can do is learn from situations like this, and better ourselves the next time around. It was a pleasure to meet and speak with you, and I would like you to know that we are sincerely working on the issues you discussed with me.

Thank you and I hope to see you again in the future!

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at this inn, which was definitely not enough time to enjoy the lovely, relaxing atmosphere that we felt here. The front porch and the charm that the house offered made us want to simply relax with some of their homemade treats and do nothing, but rest! I wish we had been able to stay more than one night!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy47,

I am so sorry that you only had one day to spend in this beautiful place, it is just not enough! The great thing about your review is that you will change other guests traveling plans and they will give more time to this enchanted city!

The staff here at the Rhett House Inn is thrilled to hear that you did exactly what has to be done on vacation, just relax and enjoy whats in front of you. Being Beaufort's only 4 Diamond Inn we pride ourselves on the experience that we give to each and every guest. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and I hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to beautiful Beaufort South Carolina.

Thank you!
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My hubby and I spent two nights in March at the Rhett House Inn. Friendly staff, very accomodating, and a beautiful property. Fabulous location; in a few short minutes, you are in the heart of downtown BEaufort and all it's charming shops, etc. They have bikes, beach chairs, and blankets you can borrow; we really liked that. Awesome goodies throughout the day from sweet tea to cookies and apps in the evening. Our room was #15, one of the cottages across from the main house. It was very spacious, clean, and comfortable with nice chairs, sheets, furnishings. Yummy breakfast, and an overall great experience.

Room Tip: #15 had a great four post bed, fireplace, and lots of room to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out.
Deb K,

Your review was so fantastic I thought for sure it would be 5 stars! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed all the Rhett House Inn has to offer. Being only a short block from the beautiful Bay Street, all our guests enjoy a short yet majestic walk to the many delicious restaurants that the waterfront has to offer! Being a transient myself, I agree with you on how amazing Beaufort really is. Its a secret treasure!

It was very nice to meet you and please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay just that much better next time!

Your friend,

Josh
Greenville, SC
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in Beaufort for a wedding and stayed at the Rhett House Inn for two nights. It really is a lovely place - wonderful accommodations and over-the-top southern hospitality. We had room 10 - a spacious bedroom with a huge bathroom and a screen porch overlooking a garden and fountain area and a small bar area. Breakfasts were delicious with cook to order choices like eggs any style, blueberry pancakes, waffles, grits, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, etc., all prepared in the inn's kitchen. The coffee was exceptionally good. Homemade cookies were served in the afternoon, appetizers in the early evening, and desserts later in the evening. The inn is close to everything in the waterfront area - good restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing are within walking distance and there are many attractions just short drive away. My husband and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Rhett House and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Beaufort.

Room Tip: Room 10 has its own outside entrance and is located on the back of the inn.
sctravelers1970,

Hello and thank you for such an amazing review! I think I can sum up your review in 3 words "best B&B ever"! Room 10 is our Innkeepers Suite and is in my opinion the best room the beautiful Rhett House Inn has to offer! Being the only room in the main house with its own screened in porch, whirlpool jetted tub, stand up glass enclosed shower, and many more, we can see why you love it so much.

I am very happy to hear that you loved our famous southern breakfast and I will be sure to pass it on to our talented chefs, Beverly and Douglas!

The next time you are in Beaufort please stop in and say hello!

Josh and the staff of The Rhett House Inn
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast and it will not be our last! I felt like I was at home from the moment I walked in the door. We were in town for my brother's graduation from the Marines. They allowed for us to check in VERY early after a long overnight drive. The staff was very accommodating. I loved loved loved the breakfast in the morning, I even asked for the recipe for their grits, so yummy! Our rooms were clean, spacious, and charming. The whole house had a very warm and welcoming feel to it. I enjoyed having a glass of wine on the front porch, it was very relaxing (Something I wouldn't be able to do in a hotel). My children (4 and 1) looked forward to the afternoon cookies and tea. One complaint, I will forever crave the cakes, pies and cookies I had while staying there :) I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Catherine,

First of all, congratulations to you and your new Marine! I am so thrilled to hear that your first bed and breakfast experience was with us, and you loved it! Being Beaufort's only 4 diamond inn, we pride ourselves on the experience that we deliver to each and every guest. Our new chef Douglas will be glad to hear how much you enjoyed our famous southern grits (sorry I cannot divulge our secret recipe)!

The staff here lives and breathes hospitality and I am always happy to hear that our guest see it!

Thank you for staying with us once again!