“Get a tent!!!! Place sucks!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Beaufort

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
“Get a tent!!!! Place sucks!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Rooms are old and run down. Not a big deal. Wifi doesn't work. Not a big deal. TVs are outdated and don't work with digital channels. Not a big deal. YEAH RIGHT! How many analog channels you watched lately? Save your money and get a tent! Place sucks!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AWminchey
ECONOLODGE414, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beaufort, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit.I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Beaufort.
Kind Regards,
Mehul Vashi
Econologe
843-525-9366

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fredericktown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel basically lies about itself on its website. The wifi does not work at all. I was told by front desk they refuse to pay for a new certificate. It made it hell to plan the rest of our trip and book hotels. My husband was all excited for the hot tub after driving 15+ hours through holy hell ice and snow to get here only to find out the hot tub is permanently closed and the pool was over chlorinated and not that warm. The kids swam twice and each time their eyes burned them so bad and swelled up. It was close to Parris Island and took us about 15-20 minutes to get there. There were plenty of places nearby to eat. It was alright for the price. I would not stay here again however.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel a lot quieter than my daughter's room in the front.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brandy H
Delmar, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because the hot tub was closed. Otherwise, it was very good for the money. Its not the Ritz Carlton people. My room was very clean and the staff was more than helpful. They even allowed me an extended check out so my Marine after graduation could come back and change before we flew home. Im not sure what the other bad reviews want for $70 average a night. Its probably competting motels just giving a bad review. Dont believe the hype, this place was clean and close to grocery store and restaurants.There is a firehouse sub shop right in the parking lot. Great subs! Its about a 20 min ride to the Parris Island front gate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Billy252525
Secret usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I WASNT PLEASED WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL.i was very pleased and shocked when i was gretted by a tall slender african american night audit he got me checked in fast and i loved it the room was great clean and very comfortable i wish all front desk clerks were as nice and accurate as him. when i checked out the front desk was super nice and even called a cab for me i wasnt expecting that kinda service from an econo lodge but i guess thats why you cant judge a book by its cover oh price was nice as well

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

On a recent overnight trip to visit relatives I decided to stay at this hotel for their indoor pool. The room was really bad. Dirty carpets. The refrigerator didn't get cold. When I went to take a shower I lifted the shower knob and the entire water fixture lifted up out of the wall. It went back in the wall and I could still take a shower but come on really the made should have caught that problem. Our beds were clean and comfortable. The indoor pool had no lights. The entire room was dark. The water was freezing cold and upon entering it looked dirty so I took the kids back to the room. The hot tub has a sign on it that says permanently closed which was not stated on their website.The other thing is I felt very unsafe staying here. I had people walking back and forth outside of the room all night. There were always cars coming and going and people talking loudly in the walkways

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Staff was very rude, except for manager. Rooms flooded during our 2 night stay. Rooms were comped but still a hassle. Bathrooms were dingy and not very clean. Bed was uncomfortable and noise level was high.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greeneville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have stayed at this motel before and it has progressively gotten worse each time.
We arrived the day after the motel had been " completely booked" due to a military graduation.
Things were bad right off the bat. No internet connection in the room...this is the second stay in a row that this has happened. When we asked to be moved to a room with a connection we were told there were no other rooms. The next morning we went down to the "deluxe continental breakfast" at 7:30 ( it starts at 6:30) to find there was hardly any food !! A few pieces of bread and cereal and oatmeal. The waffle machine was empty and we asked them to refill it. We were told that they were completely out !! Apparently the owner didnt buy enough supplies to accomodate patrons after the graduation crowd. We were also told that he owns the Holiday Inn behind the Econo Lodge and he puts all of his money into that motel !! The staff was very short with us...almost angry....I am assuming that they have to deal with many angry customers....We will never stay here again.....I advise people to pay a few extra dollars and go elsewhere....I will !!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.....go to a different motel !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family