“Step away from the room and run to your car!”

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Step away from the room and run to your car!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

DO NOT book at this hotel. We arrived and were told that we had booked a smoking room. DID NOT book. I then asked to see the room. The walk to the room was behind the building basically passing room after room with large old coffee cans with water and cigarette butts in them. Looked VERY "SHADY." I opened the door to the room, and found the odor DISGUSTING. I did not even walk into the room based on that. We left and went up the street and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: My tip to you would be DO NOT BOOK. Sleep in your car before sleeping in their room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was staying for a marine graduation. The location is good if you are planning on visiting Parris Island. The rooms were pretty clean. The carpets made my feet a little black. The only thing I really disliked was that I saw a group of men hanging in the parking lot around midnight and looking into the windows of cars in the parking lot. I knew there were security cameras but we let the front desk know and they didn't seem to care. Otherwise is comfortable for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Shelby24grace
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We Drove From Boston - It Was The Worst Hotel Ever, The Rooms Were Filthy - The Lobby Smelled Really Bad Fan Was Broken In The Bathroom Made The Clerk Change Our Room Because The T.V Screen Was Green And Fuzzy.Micro Was Greasy. Chair Was Stained. Outside Was A Mess . Actually Witnessed Someone Going Into The Room With A Leaf Blower To Clean The Floors ( If You Can Believe THAT ) Could Not Be Refunded Cause Said We Went Through Third Party. Could Not Use Senior Dis. Or AARP. Something Should Be Done Cause My Mother Got Ripped OFF !!!! Have Pics & Video.. 2nd Room Broken Shower !!!

Room Tip: No Room's Are Good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa R

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stay here quite a few times, nothing to brag about. Yes it is ran down, with a poor paint job and that's suppose to be new and remodeled. Last two stay I start to itch alot, well dis visit I woke up to find that I was the main course to hell of lot of bed bugs. First time in my life I ever experience something like dis.Plus when I checked in room was nasty, hair in sink and tub, half eaten pizza n fridge, sink leaking foul smelling water. Lol but da bed was made up. Lol ....... NEVER CATCH ME N DAT TRAP AGAIN.... PS STAY AWAY FROM ROOMS 103 AND 106,unless u wanna be a blood donor to da bugs.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Babyboyentzzz
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Hotel from HELL. I really think the owners wrote the reviews below, this place is beyond gross. We stayed over a holiday weekend and when we saw the place we tried to find somewhere else but because it was a holiday we got stuck in the hotel from hell. It's falling apart, it very dirty and smells like a dump. During the stay we ended up killing countless bugs (including roaches) and when I called the front desk to tell them the room was gross and there were bugs they didn't care. The owners and staff should all be ashamed for this crap hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hell hole.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank J L
Gold Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights in May, as a getaway to visit friends in the area; an older hotel the management has made efforts to keep the hotel in good condition. The breakfast was adequate, coffee, cereal, juices, and waffles. The pool area did need attention, as the steps had some broken concrete that could lead to cuts on your feet. Although this is an indoor pool, the temperature was not comfortable unless you moved around constantly; it was not advertised as a heated pool; only indoors; also the hot tub was broken while we were there. The mattresses are of high quality and comfortable, and all rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. The parking lot is not adequate for the number of rooms at this location, and parking is only available on the front side of the hotel, I would recommend a room on the back side which was nice and quiet. But not very convenient if you have a lot of luggage or handicapped. Overall, the hotel was adequate for price. We did not have a problem with bedbugs. Conveniently located to multiple fast food locations as well as quite a few sit down restaurants; for example; McDonalds, Chick Filet, Firehouse Subs, Jimmy Johns, Moe's Southwest, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Outback Steakhouse are within 1/2 mile.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side if possible, for the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah M
columbus,
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was beyond question the worst place I have ever stayed. We were there for my nephew's marine corp graduation and every place was booked or we would have changed locations immediately! My other nephew had to sleep on the sofa bed and when we pulled it out it was beyond gross. We checked with the other 2 rooms in our group and one bed was worst than the next. They had no mattress pads to put on the mattress so we ended up covering it with towels and then an extra sheet. We were afraid to walk barefoot in the room as the carpet was so filthy. The room smelled horrid. The air conditioner was so noisy we couldn't even sleep with that on. The bathroom sink was clogged and one morning the pipe just flew right off and scummy water and hair went everywhere. And the worst part of all was that no one from the management office cared at all. And the pool...forget it. We were not about to get in THAT water. YUK!!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family