Tripadvisor

Review of Dockside

Dockside
Ranked #10 of 182 Restaurants in Beaufort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped for dinner on a Sunday night. We expected it to be crowded with so few places open, and there were quite a few tables occupied but we took seats at the bar. We enjoyed chatting with the gentlemen behind the bar while we enjoyed a drink and some oysters;:I moved on to a crab cake, which was among the best I’ve ever eaten. My spouse pronounced his boiled shrimp perfect. I had my cornbread for dessert. Two thumbs up! We’ll be back next time we’re in the area.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (739)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dockside has a great reputation, so hubby & I were looking forward to a nice date night while visiting Beaufort. But every. single. detail. was perfect! We arrived around 5:45pm & the wait was already 30+ minutes (which we expected). After maybe 2-3 minutes, 2 seats opened up at the bar, so we snagged those! Chris greeted us immediately & took our drink order. And it only got better as the night went on. The pre-meal cornbread was the perfect flavor & consistency. My salad was fresh & chilled, and our entrees arrived in record time. We both ordered seafood & every bite was delicious. Chris & Mike were both attentive the whole time, despite how busy the bar area was. I had planned to have dessert, but the dinner portion was so large, I couldn’t possibly eat another bite. Dockside is doing everything right.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 30, 2019

I had the sunset shrimp, wife had the shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. view of a marina area. service friendly and excellent.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

Went here with another couple for dinner. Not crowded, served quickly, friendly staff, good drinks.

The fish was fresh and the drinks were good.

Reasonable prices - 2 of us with drinks was $63.00

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 20, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight and it was the best meal we had all week. It was also the least expensive and the largest portion. I had the grilled shrimp which included 12 jumbo shrimp, corn on the cob and a large portion of steamed vegetables. I hav been eating grilled shrimp all week and usually got 5 or 6 nowhere close to 12. My husband had the crab stuffed flounder which he also liked. The service was also really quick but we didn’t feel rushed. We had dinner within 15 minutes of ordering. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2019