“A Very Happy Birthday at Breakwater”

Breakwater Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Breakwater Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Port Republic
Description: Chef Lang and Chef Shaw's version of 'New Southern Cuisine' contains the past, present, and future all at once. Younger, lighter, and fresher than traditional Southern 'Old School' deep-fried fare while acknowledging culinary influences from the world beyond. The bar at Breakwater exudes a lively energy with locals and travelers alike. The atmosphere is fun and friendly and warm Southern hospitality is a signature of the restaurant. Now Open and Accepting Reservations!
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went to Breakwater in Beaufort to celebrate my wife's birthday with good friends. We all enjoyed a great dinner, the swordfish and filet were superb. Great cocktails! Amber, our server, was outstanding. Desserts were mouthwatering. Gary and Donna Lang the owners, are always welcoming and it shows in the attention detail by all who work there to make sure each customer has an enjoyable experience.
This why Breakwater is our favorite restaurant in Beaufort, SC.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I ate here with friends on a week night. Our friends had asked for a table in the 'front' which is nice; otherwise we wouldn't need reservations on a week night. The service was excellent and three out of four entree's were excellent. One had the mussels special and only deemed them average. I had the lamb chops tapas which were excellent. Two others had seafood which they thoroughly enjoyed. Breakwater is not 'on the water' as many restaurants in Beaufort are, but it maintains its excellent reputation by providing excellent food and service.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

we happened to hit this restaurant during restaurant week in South Carolina. We had reservations for 6 pm, we're seated immediately, and had a wonderful server, Lisa. I had the musssels, my husband had the shrimp and grits, and the food was excellent. great wine list.
the food value was very good, but of course we had to add extras, so the bill was a little bit more than we expected.
we came down from Charleston, for just a couple of days of get away, but we will definitely come back again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Breakwater is absoultely my families favorite restaurant for special occaions. It is constantly very good which can be rare. When we were all ordering my husband asked for a hamburger. I was thinking to myself we go out to a really nice place and you order a hamburger you can get that anywhere. It was such a good hamburger! It was perfectly cooked and the fries you just can't stop eating. My dad had the lamb meatloaf. He is a meatloaf man, but has never been fond of lamb. After this meatloaf he is excited to try to make something similar at home! He said it was definitely a keeper. My mom had the braised ribs and I had the fish special. Everything was very good! Oh and my husband and I shared the calamari it was a very good start! Have a special occasion or just want a very good meal, then try Breakwater!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have always eaten at the Breakwater whenever visiting Beaufort and been very please with both the service and the food. This time was different. We were given a lovely table and our waitress promptly arrived with water and menus. We ordered a bottle of wine which was very nice and served in decent glasses. My husband had ordinary tasting lamb meatloaf which was flavorful but nothing to rave about. I ordered salmon which arrived dry and grossly overcooked. The food definitely was not up to the usual. The best part of the meal was the dessert from Suzara's bakery. We will probably give it another try.