“We loved Best Western Sea Island Inn in Beauford, SC”

Best Western Sea Island Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stayed several nights at the Best Western Beaufort, SC in May 2007. The rooms were clean, the staff was great and very helpful and the breakfasts were out of this world. Really a place we will go back to over and over again. The best part was the location. Not having to drive was really nice. That's what we were looking for. We wanted to visit Beaufort in October, but the BW was booked so we waited until the following May and we were not disappointed. I highly recommend the Best Western in Beaufort, SC. And, here is a nice touch, they are "Biker Friendly". So the next time we will take our Harley. S. Fisher.

Stayed: April 2007

Reviewed June 17, 2007

We were to stay in Savannah, but were not pleased with our hotel and decided to drive to Beaufort. We did not have reservations, but the clerk was very helpful and gave us a good rate for two rooms. This hotel is very quiet even though it is on the main street. It was clean and well decorated. We walked through the town and out by the water. The city has swings by the marina and we sat and watched the boats. I would definately recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank grammy&grumpy
Reviewed August 30, 2006

Like the other reviews, the location is excellent. The rooms were clean, and very comfortable. The restaurants downtown lacked a lot, though. Seems like they're used to catering to more of an upscale clientale, than just regular people on a vacation. We finally found a place 2 or 3 miles north of downtown called sgt. whites, that had excellent food, and would recommend whole heartedly. If you're there to get some fishing in, there's not much really good to find unless you know a local, although Hunting Island pier gave my wife and i some exciting catches. It was the best part of the vacation. Lots to see and do there. We even had deer walk up to the car looking for handouts. They were beautiful. We'll go again, but be a little more wiser about where to go to dine. The hotel gives you a paper listing their suggestions to go to eat, but we found them pretty poor. The front desk was helpful, and a nice guy. We must have gotten a different employee considering the other reviews. He was helpful, polite, and a delight to talk to.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank rider_mc152004
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 8, 2006

My experience was similar. Checked in by the aforementioned front desk clerk, an opinionated man who was in a hurry to get me registered ASAP. Whenever I stopped by the front desk aftewards, he was always on the phone. Maybe he's got a business going on the side, and conducts it from the front desk. The rooms are clean, but small and the walls, thin. The continental breakfast is standard chain hotel stuff-juice, weak coffee, toast and canned fruit. The hotel's best point is location, across from the undergoing renovation Waterfront Park, and proximity to restaurants and stores. This area is experiencing development and tourists and 2nd homers have discovered it, making some long timers unhappy. Although southern manners were always present, southern hospitality, from merchants and service people was lacking. Definately got the vibe they were okay w/your money, but not you. After Beaufort, I headed to Savannah. Wished I'd done so sooner.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for two nights recently. We were in town for my son's graduation from Parris Island and the Marine Corps boot camp. First the good stuff. The hotel is located in the middle of the historic district of Beaufort (pronounced Buford), within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and the marina. The hotel itself is nothing too fancy but it's nice and well maintained and pretty quiet even though it is on the main street of Beaufort. Now the negative and there really is only one. Several of the employees including what I assumed was the manager (late middle aged male)seemed to lack basic customer service skills. They made you feel like they couldn't care if you came there or not. As an example when I called down for a wakeup call the desk person said, "5 AM, yep, got it" and then click before I could say anything else.

I would stay here again but if you are looking to be wowed you will have to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank jaridge
Reviewed February 27, 2005

This hotel is located perfectly - just on the edge of historic downtown, across from the marina. You can walk to eveything and you don't have to worry about crowded parking. Also, the pick up spot for carriage rides is right across the street.

The room was excellent - a comfy king bed; nice, up-to-date furniture; clean and spacious; good-sized dorm fridge. Bathroom was clean and well lit, but when you flush the toilet it sounds like a depth charge exploding. Friendly maid service. There are free interenet hook ups in the room, and you can use their internet-connected computer in the lobby to check email, etc. And there were tons of cable channels on TV; they even had OLN, so I didn't miss any PBR events!

We went to the complimentary breakfast at 9:30am on Saturday morning and found toast and cereal, and some sad loking apples. Really disappointing. Instead, walk up Bay Street about 3 blocks and look for Blackstone's cafe at 205 Scott Street. Or for delicious coffee, Common Ground is only 2 blocks away and overlooks the park and river.

I'm glad I found this great hotel and I'll always stay here when I visit Beaufort.

11  Thank ATLTripAdv
Reviewed July 16, 2004

We stayed here 4th of July weekend. I really enjoyed our stay. We were within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to be. When we got tired we just walked back to the hotel, rested and were on the go again. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast they had set up in the mornings were great to start our day. I really enjoyed the area and history. I highly recommend a trip here.

8  Thank 904carynd