“Unpleasant stay!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is our a
Second time staying at this hotel and we were not pleased. Our first stay was a year after opening and we were very pleased. Our stay in November was very disappointing. We checked in without any problems until we opened our room door. The door locks were falling off of the wall (like some one had tried to break the door down during a raid). We did not feel secure staying in the room with two small children. We went to the front desk and requested another room. The front desk clerk came to look at the room door and said ok. We relocated to another room. The second room appeared to be ok until we went into the bathroom. Mold surrounded the tub caulking around the tub. It was late and the city had a lot of events going during the weekend and the majority if the hotels were booked. We decided to stay the night and checkout in the am. The bed was hard and uncomfortable! The heat made noise all night long and the thermometer on the wall did not work to adjust it. My children and I both have allergies and could not stay there beyond one night. The complimentary breakfast was ok (waffles, fruit, toast, cereal). We checked out the next morning at 8. The Manager asked why were not staying the 4 days as planned. I informed her of all the issues that we encountered and she was very apologetic. She decreased the room rate tremendously and appreciated our concerns. The hotel has a nice location and is within driving distance to shopping and a few restaurants. Golden Corral is right next door. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Gina W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was so disappointing. On behalf of me and my staff, I truly apologize. Please know that the issues you listed have been addressed. We take pride in our hotel, and want each of our guests to go away satisfied. We would like for you and your family to come back to our hotel, so that we can show you how we treat our guests. Again I apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hey, warm and welcoming staff. Nice big rooms. Clean. Also onsite HOT TUB and a small indoor pool. Nice touch after a day of traveling. Affordable digs too. Will stay again.

Complementary breakfast in space you can actually sit down in. Unlike other places where it is tiny w/ standing room only. VERY nice business center... albeit only one desktop and you ARE in a fishbowl.

Room Tip: 1st floor is quiet. A bit hidden from the main road. GPS may take you on a wild goose chase initia...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gina W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are always happy to know that our guests went away satisfied. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Clean hotel, great location (off the beaten path), peaceful, and great staff. Only a few VERY minor issues in my opinion (I am picky...I inspect each room I stay in before I open my suitcases) but well worth the stay. The cost was very budget friendly. We didn't use the pool, Wi-Fi, or fitness center so I can't comment on those. The staff was wonderful and friendly. We didn't spend much time in the room as this was a business trip of sorts so we were exploring the area and tending to business. The breakfast was decent even though meat was not offered (bacon, sausage, etc). The entrance area was very comfortable. We will stay there again if we visit the area. The hotel GM called me due to a survey I completed and offered me a free night. I declined it. But you have to love that they care about their establishment enough to contact guests. That is a HUGE plus for me. If you want a wonderful stay away from home within your budget...choose Comfort Suites Beaufort!!!!!

Room Tip: You can request clean blankets and comforters for your stay. This will ensure you don't get '...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TammyC24

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review! We are pleased to know that even with the minor issues you had, your experience with us was a great one. I'm also pleased to know that you will come back to our hotel if your ever in the area. Again, thank you, and have a happy holiday season.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed here. The first time was when my son graduated Boot Camp in April 2012 and then again November 27th - December 1st, 2013. Both times the hotel staff was very helpful and so friendly. And the rooms were very clean. As long as my son and his family is stationed in Beaufort, this is the only hotel I will stay at.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Your review was wonderful. We are especially pleased when we have repeat guests. This speaks volumes about our hotel and our staff! We look forward to hopefully seeing you and your family again. Have a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I stay in hotels quite a bit and I must tell you that they have a great staff and property. Our son graduated Parris Island and we of course had many questions, how far away is it, how long to get through gate, where do we eat etc. etc. They were able to answer them all and make us feel at home. Our oldest arrived late Thursday night with our 2 year old granddaughter who only wanted some milk and to go to bed. The front desk clerk got us some milk for the baby so we didn't have to leave the hotel. I didn't get her name but thanks so much. The breakfast attendant was also spot on with everyone's needs. People are up and out every morning by 6 and she always accommodated them with a smile on her face. The rooms themselves are clean and up to date and the housekeepers were excellent. The staff at this hotel really treats you like family and as a brand you should be proud of everyone of them. Marine parents I highly recommend this property for your stay in Beaufort for the most important week of you son or daughters life!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such nice comments. I'm pleased to know that my staff treated you so well! Our goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guests go away satisfied. If you and your family are ever in the area again, we would love for you to stay with us again. Have a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked this hotel on a travel website & were pleased with the price & that we'd get a suite guaranteed. For being 2 1/2 stars, this hotel was even better than some 3 1/2 star hotels! It's the perfect hotel if you are traveling to Savannah or Charleston, and was much better than the hotels we stayed at in those areas for a similar price. The king suite was good with plenty of space so you didn't feel like you're tripping over your luggage all the time; the only problem in the room was the closet door was broken (probably since the safe inside the closet didn't allow it to open properly otherwise). We didn't have time to use the indoor swimming pool or jacuzzi, but they looked nice. The fitness room is small & was very cold. The breakfast area has a warm open feel, but some of the chairs are getting worn. The breakfast assortment is good; even had pears. Definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We are excited about such a great review. On behalf of me and my staff, we thank you. I'm pleased to know that we made your stay so nice. If you are ever in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed there on November 7, 2014 and the room was beautiful, it was clean, the staff was excellent, the breakfast was good and coffee was hot! The staff that we had the pleasure of speaking with were Brittany, Threasa, and Myra. All were very caring, accommodating and had beautiful smiles on their faces! If we go back to Beaufort, and I hope we do, we will definitely stay here. There were restaurants within walking distance and if driving, no more than 10 minutes away! This is the Comfort Suites on St. Johns Road in Beaufort, SC. Everything was excellent!

Room Tip: We had a King room on the first floor facing the street and it was more than comfortable for the two...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a great review. I'm thrilled to know that my staff took such great care of you. We are always excited when our guests truly enjoy their visits with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. Again, thank you.