“Continued Success”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaufort, SC
“Continued Success”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stay often and have always found the staff to be friendly and nice, the rooms to be clean, the breakfast to be well presented and better than most. The only way to improve the breakfast is to have a cook prepare it individually as ordered. The facility is clean throughout and maintained well.

Room Tip: Second or third floor away from the elevator. Hey it is a hotel and there are guests that do not re...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As before our room was clean and very comfortable the breakfast offered has many choices. It is very close to the historic area of Beaufort but not the very high prices of those hotels. It sets back from the main road so this adds to a restful nights sleep. All things considered we were very satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed here for my son's graduation from MCRD Parris Island. Loved that they served breakfast extra early for family day and graduation day. Didn't like the rate increase, but all the rooms in the area do the same. Hotel is close to many restaurants including those on the water. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
rochester
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Clean, comfortable and pleasant staff. We had worked our way down the coast from Myrtle Beach to Beaufort booking our room through choice.com. This hotel was the best of them all. It should be used as an example for other hotels to strive for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gina W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for such kind words. We are pleased that your stay was so nice. Me and my staff are always excited to know that our guests went away happy and satisfied. If you are ever visiting the area again, we encourage you to come back and stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My stay at the Beaufort Comfort Suites in SC was a great one! The cost was reasonable. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was personable, friendly and helpful. The location was great. It was close to many popular restaurants and very close to major highways. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Beaufort.

• Stayed September 2013
Gina W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm so pleased to know that your stay was so great! We appreciate such a nice review. Me and my staff are always glad to know that our guests went away satisfied. We hope that you will return to our hotel, if your ever in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this property for my son's graduation from MCRD Parris Island. We were given room 313. The room appeared to be clean and was modern and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and had many pillows and nice white sheets. When I woke the next morning at 5:00am I was somewhat itchy. When I turned the lights on I noticed fresh blood streaks on my sheets. As I started to move things around on the bed I found a bug. I quickly put it into one of the disposable coffee cups in the room. After looking up "bed bugs" on the internet - no doubt that this was one! I took the bug in the cup down to the front desk. I showed it to the woman working and told her what it was. She didn't seem too suprised but she was disgusted by it and put the cup in a bag and told me she would give it to the manager when she arrived at 7:00am. She assured me the manager would call as soon as she arrived.

By 9:15am I had not received a phone call so I called and asked to speak to the manager. I spoke to Thersea who said she was the front desk manager. She said she saw the bug and would comp my stay. I did reply that was fine but I was more concerned about sleeping in a room with bed bugs then the cost of my room. She then said she would put us in another room. I said that was fine. I asked if the next room was going to be clean she said that she would have it inspected. Being freaked out about this I asked so you can assure me that there will be no bed bugs? She yelled at me and said she can't assure me of anything except they will inspect the room. Taken back by this I thanked her and hung up....I was trying not to let this bother me since I was about to see my son for the first time as a Marine.

I am enjoying family day on base with my son (which ends at 3:00pm) and I receive a call from the hotel at 1:15pm. The person mumbles her name and says "I thought you wanted to move rooms, well you need to get back here and get your things becuase we have a guest that we are putting in this room. I told her that I was on base and that I would not be returning until 4pm or so. She said, well I need you to come here and get your things and move them. I told her that I am not going to come back right now and asked her if their staff could move our things - that this was their issue not mine. She said that they would (and they did without issue). I asked if they were going to do something about the bed bugs in 313 before they put someone else in there and she told me not to worry about it. I asked again if there were no bed bugs in my new room and she said I already told you this morning I can't guarantee that. I again was taken back by here attitude and politley thanked her.

The next morning in our new room (323) everything was okay and no bed bugs there (that came to visit me at least) I did get my statement under the door that morning and I was only comp'ed for one night not the stay like she told me but I'm not going to argue that. The adjustment did indicated that the room was comp'ed because of bed bugs.

There is a hotel list that is circulated via social media to recruit parents. This property is listed on that list under the hotels with bed bugs in the Beaufort / Port Royal area. I was hoping to be able to tell them to take this off of their list becuase of all the good reviews on Trip Advisor but I will not be able to do that. I don't know exactly what it takes for a hotel to be rid of bed bugs and be assured of it but If I were a manager of this hotel, I would be doing everything possible. The woman at the front desk when I brought the bug down told me that they do not have an exterminator come or anything, if this is true, shame on you. With 500-700 families coming to the area almost every week and the revenue potential from that alone....this type of customer service and a bug infested bed is unacceptable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Martin M
Gisselle B, Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We apologize for the problems and inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay with us. At Comfort Suites Beaufort, SC we take the comfort and satisfaction of our guest seriously and strive to ensure all guest have a pleasant experience .Our General Manager contacted our pest control company that day. The room was treated for the problem and follow up inspections have indicated no further problems.

I also want to apologize for the way our staff handled the situation. We have already implemented new customer care and problem resolution training.

I assure you that this is an isolated incident at our Comfort Suites Beaufort, SC.

Gisselle Brown
Director of Operations
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my second stay here in two weeks. The experience was exactly the same. All staff members greet you with smiles and are interested in your comfort (hence the name). The service and the amenities are fantastic. The rooms are great, comfortable and clean and the hot breakfast (comfort food) is delicious.
We will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice review. We are always striving to make sure that our guests go away satisfied. I'm very pleased that your stay with us, went so well. We look forward, to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.