“It suited our purpose”

Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed March 30, 2010

The location was pretty close to everything if you have a car. The hotel was clean. However, we requested a handicap room (my husband had surgery on his leg). The "seat" to put in the shower didn't fit. We also lost electricity the next morn. But I guess that wasn't their fault. The pool was a little gross.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 14, 2009

My sister and I had two rooms for two nights in early November 2009. Very pleased with the hotel and with the helpful and courteous staff. Rooms were spacious and clean. Lounge was pleasant with nice view of the water and an outdoor area but had limited hours (4-9 I think). Restaurant had a great breakfast special ($4.99 for 2 eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast & coffee) and wait staff was great. I discovered I’d lost my credit card the morning after I’d checked out and, when I called the hotel, they were extremely helpful, even calling me back after they’d checked the room I’d stayed in! Location was also very good – easy to get to either Bay Street or Port Royal. I’d stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank MOTraveler01
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Our encounter with this hotel started out extremely positive. I choose this hotel as our site for our wedding headquarters. We got married on the MCAS in Beaufort and this hotel was 5 minutes down the road. The first night that I stayed there, I brought up my GPS by accident and wanted it to be in a safe place so I put it in the safe that night. In the process, of the night, our toilet overflowed all over the floor. 15 minutes later, someone came up to plunge it but regretted to clean up the crap all over the floor. The next morning, I took a shower, and there was no shower liner in the shower and the floor was quite slick. I wound up wiping out all over the floor because it was puddled in water, not once, but twice and had bruises up both sides of my legs for my wedding day. The day of the wedding, I had a luncheon in our room for family only as we got ready for the wedding and there was only one very garbage for the entire room. Our room was not serviced that day and so when we came home from the wedding that night, there was trash everywhere and no where to put it. The next day, when we were checking out, I took the GPS out of the safe and set it on the night stand next to the bed. Because there were only 4 dollys for the ENTIRE hotel, we had to take several trips up and down the elevator to get all of our stuff into the SUV. I was so irritated that we forgot our GPS. Less then 24 hours later, we realized that the GPS was missing. We found out by the front desk girl that no one had checked into our room yet and she went up to see if the GPS was still there. It was gone!! The only people into that room were the cleaning staff so I guess you can put two and two together as to what happened to that $300 GPS. We did file a police report and questioned the hotel GM, Bob Barnes who seemed to be completely uneffected by our loose and quickly quoted their hotel policy that they are not responsible for items left behind. When I asked him if he would question the person who cleaned that room, he seemed to be uninterested in checking into it further. I guess if you don't leave anything behind, you will be fine with this hotel, however, don't expect to ever get anything back if you do! They do steal and lie about it! I guess that's how this hotel makes it money, pawning other peoples valuables. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank perkyjenna
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We were not sure what to expect from this hotel but were pleasantly suprised. The STAFF WAS SUPERB. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very well appointed. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub both were clean and the pool was warm. Not cold like in some places. There was a restaurant and lounge on site. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going there. It was a little pricier than others in town but we ended up having friends come to visit us from their hotel because it was so nice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Great Hotel! From John at the desk, to Jason at the bar, to Katrina in the restaurant, the entire experience at this hotel, where my family and I were staying for a visit to Parris Island, was phenomenal. The staff was professional, competent, friendly and courteous. The food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. The room (a complimentary upgrade to a suite for us because of our Priority Club status) was spacious, clean and comfortable. Parking was free and plentiful and access to all local highways was great. In all, a wonderful bargain!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank FireMarshal
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I have stayed at this new Holiday Inn several times since it opened and must confess the hotel is like a bottle of wine...it improves over time.

This was my best stay ever. My guestroom was very clean, the front desk and overall service was excellent. The food has always been good as well as the service in the restaurant.

When I checked out I told the front desk attendant that things really seemed to coming together and they explained they have a new general manager by the name of Bob Barnes who is excellent. The staff is very excited and it shows.

I am thrilled and will stay here when traveling to Beaufort on Government business or in surrounding areas. This location is great for me as I can easily do business in Beaufort, Hilton Head and Savannah.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Our son was graduating from Parris Island and I looked on line for several hours trying to find an affordable place to stay that didn't have lots of negative reviews. Due to the number of graduations each week, some of the places looked very used. The Holiday Inn was affordable for our family of 5 (2 comfortable queen beds and a sleeper sofa) and very clean. They have updated with fresh paint and nice decorations. John, the front desk agent, was extremely helpful and friendly. While one elevator was not working, everything else was top notch. We enjoyed both nights in our non-smoking room. We would absolutely recommend this hotel for families coming to Parris Island.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business