Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had an out of state wedding in Beaufort SC. This was the hotel the bride & groom blocked out rooms for out of town guests.
Extremely clean, friendly employees. Nice size room, shower had great water pressure.

The lounge and bartender were great, it has a nice patio right outside the door where you can take your drink and look out over the marshes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank njkate
Bob B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments & I always appreciate a 5 star rating from our guests. We hope to see you again. Bob

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and chose the Holiday Inn for my two nights' stay. Upon entering, I was warmly and promptly greeted even though there was another traveler being checked in at the time. My first impression was great, a friendly welcome in a nicely decorated and very clean lobby. It isn't such a large hotel, but directions to my room would've been appreciated. I quickly spotted the elevators and made my way up.
I reserved a king room, it was very large. I was surprised at how clean, fresh and large the room was. The a/c ran quietly which is important to me. A quiet a/c seems to be a rarity nowadays, so this was a very welcome surprise. The bed was clean and comfy with a nicely displayed choice of pillows. I used the microwave and fridge during my visit. The fridge had a tendency to make odd noises, but nothing too annoying. The kitchenette was very handy.
My room was on the front of the hotel, so the view was only of the parking lot. I didn’t spend a great deal of time in the room, but would’ve preferred to have the marsh view (something to request next time). I did have some trouble with my key cards not opening the door. I addressed it with the front desk, they were very willing to help. They took my cards and after a minute or so gave them back. One still didn’t work, the other almost stopped working when I came in for the last night. I only swiped it about ten times before it let me in the room. Perhaps the problem was in the door itself. I’m sure the staff would’ve helped again if I had asked though.
I certainly will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Beaufort. It is very clean with a super friendly staff and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Request a room with a marsh view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gudguy

Thank you for visiting Beaufort and for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites. I agree the refrigerators make a "strange" noise priodically when in the deforst mode. I have contacted the manufaturer and they asssure me there is nothing that can be done about it so unfortunatley it sometimes bothers our guests. Thank you for the comment about our quite A/C's, I just replaced every one of them in the hotel. Bob

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The positive:
Young man who checked me was very nice and professional, manager was helpful. The room was huge and nicely done.

The Negatives:
Two queen beds -
One bed had bugs; one had blood on the sheet, yep bugs and blood!! I was going to include the pictures but I thought it might be too gross.
Called corporate right away - NOT helpful at all told me to go to another hotel if I wanted, may or may not get a refund on room. It was almost 12:00am when I spoke to corporate, after arriving late. They told me to call customer relations in the am; the rep could have cared less! I will NEVER stay at one of their hotels again. I will make it my point to tell everyone I know personally and professionally about the room and how corporate treated me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank TheMermaid29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear TheMermaid29,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, SC. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Came to Beauford for a wedding & decided to pick the Hoilday Inn because we have always had a good experience. The hotel looked to be well maintained and clean, view of the marsh nice, we also like the that the hotel had different happy hour special everyday. We had a room that came with a refrigerator,microwave a plus very comfortable & clean. Staff in the bar and restaurant friendly I only have one complaint that was corrected right away. I order breakfast and told the hostess that I had food allergies. My breakfast came out I started to eat the oranges and then eggs & realized that it had an onion smell and taste my order was redone. The kitchen should be careful when they are informed of food allergies, this could have been a bad day for me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back have view of the marsh.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank funladez

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel & a special thanks for the 5 star rating. I apologize for the near mishap in the Restaurant but am glad all turned out well. We hope to see you again soon, Bob

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We typically chose Holiday Inn for the reward points. Some are better than others and this one was a real treat. The room was clean and very comfortable. The big surprise was the amenities. We enjoyed a wonderful evening on the patio overlooking the coastal marshes. The view is serene and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. And then there was the meal, or meals I should say. The full service restaurant is separate from the bar. The food is excellent and again the wait staff was engaging and very attentive. I would definitely stay here again when touring this area.

Room Tip: We were on the back, facing the marsh and the view (see my rather poor pic) is very serene.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dad58

Thank you for your nice comments. The patio that overlooks the marsh for dining for just enjoying a beverage from our lounge is a hidden gem. Thank you for the 5 star rating as well as all the nice comments you have. Bob

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was an excellent Holiday Inn. The check-in went smoothly. The room was really really nice! It was spacious, clean, comfortable and a nice decor. Housekeeping was great! The marsh view was an added bonus-loved It! All of the staff were friendly and hospitable. I even did my laundry which was a few doors away since I was on a long trip. The laundry room was clean, all machines worked magnificently and the price was right. The restaurants were nice and the breakfast was quite good! I was a club member and received complimentary breakfast and lounge drink tickets for my two day stay. Easy to sign up prior to your stay. Even used the indoor pool and that was a plus too! Parking was free and convenient. There was also free popcorn and sweet tea in the main lobby. I agree with the 5 star trip advisor ratings that I looked at for a decision prior to booking my stay. The quality and price was right and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a upper level room with a marsh view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ArtsyMel

Thank you for the 5 star rating. I reaaly appreciate your comments and I will make sure they are sharred with my staf. Thank you for being our guest. Bob

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is fairly new and I hope they keep it up! The rooms are large and very clean. The furnishing are great and the beds were very comfortable. The workout room was small but well equipped for a quick workout. My only complaint about the place was the REALLY slow elevators! No kidding, started taking the stairs to the top floor because the elevators were so slow!

Room Tip: Stay in a lower floor so you don't need the elevators-- very slow!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PrivateIdaheaux

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and a special thanks for the 5 star rating!. I appreciate your nice comments and our goal is to make your stay exceptional. I thank you for your fedback on the elevators. If you experiance them being slow so did my other guests. I have contacted our elevator company and was advised they can speed up the elevators so we have done so. Hopefully you will be in the area and visit with us once again. Thank you, Bob