“Very clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed for four nights as part of an education workshop sponsored by the Marine Corps, as Parris Island is a few miles away. The double room was clean, comfortable and spacious with a view of the marsh. Large bathroom, microwave, and refrigerator. We did not eat at the restaurant, but the lounge was open from 4 till 10 with a nice deck facing the marsh. If I was to return would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor and also thank you for your nice comments, Bob

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed here before and loved it each time. The children really enjoyed their stay as well. They had a great staff, it was very clean and was also close to everything that we wanted to go see and visit. The breakfast was great and a nice view of the marsh. We would recommend this hotel and will be coming back to stay here for future visits to Beaufort.

Room Tip: Go for the suite. Yes, it's more but worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beaufort, SC during your recent visit and especially thank you for the 5 star rating. We hope to see you soon, Bob

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here with a friend during the third week of March, 2013. Staff are all very helpful and will go out of their way to assist you. Rooms are large, at least the one that my friend and I shared, and both of us felt it was unusual to have a room this large. Our room faced the glorious Marsh which is behind the Hotel. The bathroom is a good size and towels, hand towels and wash cloths were all adequate. The only negative comment that I have about the bathroom concerns some mold/mildew I saw growing in the shower. I know this can be a problem in a lot of Hotels but the Manager should inspect the bathrooms and make sure that all mold/mildew is removed from the Tile. This is just nasty! Also, the sheets that were on our beds are not the best. They looked fairly old and were not smooth like most sheets; they felt bumpy. Suggestion: get new and better sheets.
The small love seat and chair in the room were just ok. They looked clean and had no holes, etc in the fabric. They seem to be covered in some type of microfiber material. The restaurant wait staff are very helpful. Food is ample and good. We only ate breakfast here so cannot comment about the other meals offered. This Hotel is in a good location near the town of Beaufort, SC.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the Marsh.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aug30

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and staff. I will get with my inspectress and find out why she did not find the issues with the grout. Thank you, Bob

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Check in was nice. Was about a half hour early and it wasn't a problem at all. The room was clean and in pretty good shape. Very comfy bed. Definitely would stay again. Recommend this hotel. Price was good.

• Stayed: April 2013
Bob B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Beaufort, SC. Also, thank you for taking the time to give us great review. Bob

Reviewed April 11, 2013

At first glance this hotel is beautiful, lobby is clean and well decorated, exterior is nice, it's in a nice location for families attending grad at Parris Island. When I called to book the room for my daughter and I (we were moving and rather than keep a toddler in an empty house we decided to hotel it) I was told the only room left available was the king jacuzzi room. We get here and the girls at the desk were not rude, but not overly friendly either (I was the only one walking in and wasn't even greeted!) I get to the room and the air conditioner sounds like a jet taking off, and does this every few minutes, there is tape on the ceiling from what I am assuming is a party previous guests had. Quite honestly I have paid way to much for this room...$159 to stay in a room with an air conditioner that belongs in a roadside motel and that was not cleaned very well is just absurd.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am sad that the service was not up to your's or mine as well. We pride ourselves for "going the extra mile" with our guets and as you can tell by other reviews we have done a good job accomplishing this. I can assure you I will follow up with my guest services manager with your comments. I will have my maintenance department look at the A/C unit. Again, I apologize for your stay not being up to the standards our guests expect or mine as well. Bob

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights in advance so that we could see the sights (mid March) around Beaufort and Paris Island. We both can't say enough about the place. We would expect to pay more, for the amenities we got. We had a king sized bed which was so comfortable and the selection of pillows was perfect for us both. We hadn't been in our room 15 min and the receptionist at the front desk (Jessica?) called and asked if we had everything we needed and was there anything else she could do. We both were very impressed. Centrally located to all the sights but sits back from the road so it was very quiet. On 2nd morn. had to evacuate the entire hotel due to a fan smoking in/near the lobby. Yes it was cold, miserable outside and we were none to happy but the hotel/fire department did what they had to do. We went back to bed. Upon getting up there was a note under the door apologizing for the inconvenience and inviting us to a buffet breakfast downstairs (which was out of this world) and we could check out later if we wanted to. Wait staff and the manager (Bob) greeted us in dining room (and even waited on us). Apologizing over and over for inconvenience. We both can't say enough about the place! Kudos to all at the Holiday Inn in Beaufort! Definitely will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cora C
Bob B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Beaufort, SC. I can't apologize enough about the emergency that caused the Fire Department to evacuate the building on a brisk night. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and we are glad everyone was safe during and after the evacuation. I especially thank you for your nice comments about the way we handled it. I am also very glad you understood the situation and instead of getting angry you made the best of it. Thank you for being a great and undertsanding guests and I hope when your plans bring you back to Beaufort we can once again be your home away from home. Thank you, Bob

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We read some of the mixed reviews before reserving at this Holiday Inn. We usually like higher end boutique hotels but were only in the area for a couple days looking for a retirement spot so thought we would rough it :) After seeing some of our other choices, we are definitely glad that we choose this place. It is right outside of town, and clean with modern looking rooms. Clean being my top priority. We arrived a day early and the staff were so accommodating and friendly. I changed my mind twice about which room I wanted and they were completely hospitable during the entire process. The room was on the 3rd flour and it was quiet even though it was a holiday weekend and they were busy. The only complaint is related to the restaurant which is separately owned from the inn. Breakfast was free so we did eat there two out of our three nights but service was worse than slow, disorganized and easily overwhelmed. I also tried the free wine but it was barely drinkable. So wouldn't recommend eating more than breakfast there but the hotel was fine and very reasonable. We get a government rate which is a full third off the regular prices.

Room Tip: I owuld choose a room toward the rear of the hotel. You have a marsh view and I believe it is quiet...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent trip to Beaufort, SC. Thank you for comparing us to a Boutique Hotel as we continuously strive to go the "extre mile" with service and amentities. I apologize for your bad experiance in our restaurant. We normally get great reveiws in that area but I think we got a little overwhelmed with how busy we got during the Holiday. We hope to see you again and hope you will give our restaurant a second chance when you are here again. Thank you, Bob