“Had a quality dinner”

Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charles St.
Description: Located in the historic Beaufort bank building. Panini's is a delightful blend of old world Italian charm and new world cuisine. We adapt our menu seasonally to feature only the freshest local ingredients. Unique and crispy Stone-Baked Pizza, Panini sandwiches, Hoagies, Large Salads for lunch. Dinner features fresh local Seafood, inventive Pastas, and hand cut Steaks prepared with a Mediterranean flare. Gluten Free Menu including pizza crust and pasta. Enjoy your dinner with a selection from our extensive wine list, including a Reserve list of select vintages. Outside patio dining and bar on the Chambers Waterfront Park overlooking the Beaufort River. Full bar inside and on the waterfront.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

In a lovely old converted bank building (note the ceiling), I was in The mood for a steak and I was not disappointed. The pizza was made right in front of us and had a rather thin crust with a variety of options. I loved the hand cut, crispy fries. It was worth the trip

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a great lunch here outside on the deck. Lovely view of the river. There was a quirky band playing next door which encouraged us not to linger. Server was very attentive. Would try again. Beaufort is a charming little town and worth the visit!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I came across a recommendation for Panini's from a guidebook for the low country. As only three restaurants in all of Beaufort were mentioned, I figured this would be a great place for lunch. I had previously eaten at several very nice restaurants and none of them were mentioned in this article, so we went to Panini's.

This turned out to be one of the most disappointing experiences I have ever had. The food was mediocre at best, our waiter obviously wanted to be somewhere else, and we were set upon by gnats, which destroyed any enjoyment we might have gotten from being near the water. Not wanting to be demanding (and believe me--we are not demanding people) by asking that we move our food and drinks inside, we asked our waiter if we could turn on the outdoor fans to get rid of the bugs. He told us the fans didn't work and he showed no concern that we were not having a good time. We ate our food as quickly as possible and left. We won't go back.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were visiting Beaufort and had Panini's recommended to us by the lady at the tourist center. The hostess was very strange and stared us down while walking us to our table. When we sat down she said "that's interesting necklace," but it was not said in a nice way. She sat us at the edge of the outside tent. We ordered Coke's to start. The cokes were bad and clearly the syrup was a wrong mix. They took them back and exchanged them no problem. Then while the waiter was delivering our next round of drinks the wind blew and dumped a ton of water on my friend. The server did not have much of a reaction to the incident. He did say sorry one time and handed her a towel. We ordered muscles, mixed salad and the crab and shrimp BLT. Our food was very good. The prices were reasonable. The hostess came over and wiped the table next to us before seating another couple. She noticed that it was wet. She asked what had happened. We told her that water had come off the tent and dumped on my friend. She said sorry while facing the other direction and wiping off the table next to us. Very weird. This place could be great if it had better service and hostess.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

When we visited the restaurant it was quiet only four out of the 14 outdoor tables were taken. Indoors was not that busy either. The food was good but the food was extremely slow in being served. One of the tables had a full glass of a large soft drink dropped right on a young ladies lap she was completely soaked the server did not seem bothered by it. the girl was left sitting on the soaked chair for five minutes before it was exchanged. I would suggest you visit the Q cafe or Plums before you think about visiting Panini's? Like I said earlier food good but the speed of the meal arriving needs improving, I would not like to be there on a busy night. Room to improve.