“At last!”

Ranked #14 of 161 Restaurants in Beaufort
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charles St.
Description: Located in the historic Beaufort bank building. Panini's is a delightful blend of old world Italian charm and new world cuisine. We adapt our menu seasonally to feature only the freshest local ingredients. Unique and crispy Stone-Baked Pizza, Panini sandwiches, Hoagies, Large Salads for lunch. Dinner features fresh local Seafood, inventive Pastas, and hand cut Steaks prepared with a Mediterranean flare. Gluten Free Menu including pizza crust and pasta. Enjoy your dinner with a selection from our extensive wine list, including a Reserve list of select vintages. Outside patio dining and bar on the Chambers Waterfront Park overlooking the Beaufort River. Full bar inside and on the waterfront.
Busselton, Australia
“At last!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Finally, a decent meal, good grog and fabulous service all in the same place. Our waitress, Shannon, was superb - friendly, attentive and fun. She recommended both drinks and food and both were very good. I had the steak (can't remember what it was called) and it was cooked perfectly. The squash and zucchini were a bit strange as they had the overpowering taste of vinegar (?). My friend had the pasta Alfredo with chicken, which he said was very good.

This restaurant has an excellent al fresco area overlooking the river and the swing bridge and we were lucky enough to be there for the opening of the Beaufort Water Festival.

It's not cheap but it's worth it for the service & the ambiance.

New Ellenton, South Carolina, United States
“Lunch with a friend at the Panini”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A friend and I were in Beaufort for a photoshoot, and we just happened to stop in for lunch at the Panini. We loved the service, and the food. I had the shrimp hoagie which was delicious and very reasonably priced. The waiter and owner were very efficient and friendly. The food also came fast. It had a nice ambience and neat 200-year old bar, and brick oven. The allowed us to take pictures, so we had fun doing that after eating, which I uploaded here.

Southport, North Carolina
“Waterfront Dining in the Shade”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We always search out two things when dining out. One, we prefer dining outside, and two; we prefer locally owned establishments. So while strolling the waterfront at Beaufort, SC we found Panini's. Very nice treat. Although quite breezy that day, we were tucked in behind foliage out on the covered deck. And we didn't want to leave. Our service was very attentive and wonderfully polite. The meals were both excellent and I just had to try their Bloody Smokey. Who ever heard of Chipotle Vodka?? It was a treat for sure. There is a small 'cabana bar' on the deck at the end nearest the water and I could just picture myself coming back some evening to chill out watching the boats return from a day on the water.
There are several waterfront restaurants in Beaufort. We will return to Panini's on our next visit for sure.

Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Best Birthday Dinner Ever”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I went to Panini's for the first time since they changed ownership. I was an awesome experience and my only regret is that we haven't been back till now. We went to dinner around 4:30 and there were only a few booths taken. We were warmly greeted and seated very quickly. Our server was Ginger and she promptly got out drink orders and brought out bread and a rosemary and pepper infused Olive Oil that was refreshing and smooth. We ordered the Almond Crusted Calamari with a Spicy Aioli, Fra Diavolo Sauce, Burnt Honey. The flavors more than lived up to the description. The Calamari was soft and easy to chew and the breading was flaky and tasty, but the sauces are what make this plate. I ordered the Pork Saltimbocca which is a Pork Roulade of Fresh Mozzarella, Sage, Prosciutto and Basil with roasted Fingerlings and marinated vegetables. The pork was fork tender and perfectly cooked. The vegetables were amazing and the sauce I would like to order in a tumbler glass and drink straight. Bold vibrant flavors. My wife had the Mediterranean Shrimp & Grits which is Local Shrimp, Pancetta Polenta, Tomato and Olive Sauté be a local we know Shrimp and grits and this is Shrimp and Grits on Nitro. Huge flavors and perfectly cooked polenta. So, we thought our meal couldn't really get even better. We order the Rosemary infused Crème Brulee thinking that it would be a nice cap to a really good meal. However, it took it to a whole different level. The custard was smooth and the Brulee was perfectly crisped. The flavors danced on your tongue from the sweetness of the custard to the savory from the hint of rosemary and then the slight bitterness of the caramelized sugar. My wife and I discussed at length and have come to the conclusion that this was the best desert either of us have ever eaten. So I will go back often and I will encourage anyone in ear shot to do the same.

Orlando, Florida
“Good Food, Great Server”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went for a quiet lunch on a Thursday while visiting Beaufort. Server was Jon and he made us feel right at home with his "Southern hospitality." He recommended the shrimp and grits (yum) for my husband while I ordered the Baked Primavera (excellent for vegetable lovers). Everything was very good, but what made the meal outstanding was the service provided by Jon. He explained in depth the various entrees we showed an interest in, made personal recommendations, and checked on us frequently. I'd certainly recommend the restaurant...be sure to ask for Jon!