“Be careful....this restaurant is overrated”

Panini's on the Waterfront
Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Beaufort
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charles St.
Description: Located in the historic Beaufort bank building. Panini's is a delightful blend of old world Italian charm and new world cuisine. We adapt our menu seasonally to feature only the freshest local ingredients. Unique and crispy Stone-Baked Pizza, Panini sandwiches, Hoagies, Large Salads for lunch. Dinner features fresh local Seafood, inventive Pastas, and hand cut Steaks prepared with a Mediterranean flare. Gluten Free Menu including pizza crust and pasta. Enjoy your dinner with a selection from our extensive wine list, including a Reserve list of select vintages. Outside patio dining and bar on the Chambers Waterfront Park overlooking the Beaufort River. Full bar inside and on the waterfront.
North Carolina
“Be careful....this restaurant is overrated”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We ate here for lunch. There is absolutely no atmosphere here. Views of the water are limited by the large outdoor tent. The food was mediocre and not tasty. I had the fried shrimp hoagie. The shrimp was butterflied although it did not say so on the menu--overfried and tasteless. I asked for ketchup and was brought a very messy squeeze bottle of Hunt's ketchup. The bathrooms were dirty and smelly as if some big party had taken place there the night before and they had not been cleaned properly. My husband speculated that this place was a late night spot primarily. There were bottle cases strewn about the halls and stairways and mops and brooms stored out in public view. Yuck. I was very disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

North Carolina
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were looking for some place with great food, being on vacation and off our diets. We started with a small pizza, which was good but I had the dinner salad with the tomato vinaigrette and olive pâté and it was wonderful. Then for dinner I had the tile fish which I have never had before and it was excellent! My husband had the linguine with clam sauce and was very pleased. We ordered the Tiramisu for dessert and I have never had better, light and flavorful. The staff was attentive and very helpful. We will be going back next time we are in Beaufort.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“great waterfront dining”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were there for a Marine graduation. After returning with our new Marine (our daughter's boyfriend) my wife and I decided to take a walking tour of downtown Beaufort. We were a bit hungry and stumbled upon Panini's and after checking out the menu in the window, decided we would give them a try. WOW, are we ever glad that we did. We asked to be seated outside as the weather was very nice. We enjoyed a nice sea breeze and some awesome food. Our server was excellent, she made sure our drinks were always full and was very attentive to all of our needs. If we ever go back to Beaufort, we will definitely dine here again!!

• Visited August 2012
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food, excellent service, perfect location. I have dietary restrictions and they went above and beyond to accomodate me. Beautiful decor, amazing shrimp. We were thrilled with our choice. Well done!

• Visited April 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate here recently with another couple and really enjoyed our meal. The small plate crab cake is amazing! It was very generous with flaky crab on top of the crab cake. It sits on chopped tomatoes and a tiny bit of greens. Our server suggested it might not be "enough" for dinner so we also ordered soups. (He was a big guy so it may not have been enough for him). The soups were also delicious - I had lobster bisque and the other lady had a french onion w/mushrooms - but it was more food than we could eat. The guys had salads -one a mixed greens and he added chicken the other had a ceasar. They were very large and ample for a meal. Panini's also has great pizza. They have a covered deck which overlooks the Beaufort River so the atmosphere is very nice.

Visited April 2013