“Corious”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Corious”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This resturant came recommended by two locals, I guesss if u have never experience good seafood, then this would be a great treat. Don't get me wrong, it was not the worst, but was far from what was expected.

Hampton, Virginia
“Pass this place up!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Here's the blow by blow. I had driven by this restaurant a few times and thought I'd try it out since it said it was call the "Original Steamer". I love seafood and thought this was gonna be great. Boy was I wrong. After waiting at the front for more than 8 minutes, someone finally came to seat me. About 11 minutes later another gentleman was seated right behind me and his drink and food order were taken immediately (at the same time). After she finished taking his order, she came to get mine...I had been waiting for more than 12 minutes and had plenty of time to peruse the menu, but she only took my drink order and said she'd have to come back for my food order....so....their menu boasts that their Frogmore Stew was rated as 'the best in the country', so I was intrigued and excited to try it. I have attached a picture for you to see what I was served. There was a whole lot of potatoes, a little bit of sausage and 5 shrimp. It was also served with corn that was vastly overcooked and had zero seasoning, coleslaw that had some celery seed, but no sugar, no salt and no vinegar and a slice of cornbread. The cornbread was the most edible part of the meal. The seasoning in their stew seems an afterthought. The 1/2 portion that I ordered cost 12.95 and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. They should rename it 'lots of potatoes with a little bit of sausage and even less shrimp". Save your time and your money and go to just about anywhere but here. The service was bad, the food was edible, but just barely and the best part of the meal was the drawn butter.

Ankara, Turkey
“Basic, but good.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stopped by with family for a late lunch. Nice variety of items on both the adult and kid's menu. Service was very good. Though I didn't have it, a couple of people in my group shared the low-country boil and raved about it.

Nothing here is going to make your taste-buds sing, but certainly better than average.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Best Shrimp Burgers ever!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have just moved to the area and visited this restaurant because of so many recommendations from locals. It was wonderful! I had the shrimp burgers and I do try the shrimp burger wherever I go and this was by far the best! My husband ordered the Flounder Del Mar and it was just delicious. We had nothing bad, even the server, Sara, was so friendly and sweet and very prompt. It was also a surprise when you go inside b/c it looks like such a dive from the outside (not that we have anything against dives, we love them) but it was a nice and large seafood restaurant inside. We will bring all of our out of town guests here.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“great food!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

All of the food is great especially the cornbread .The lowcountry boil is good the seasoning is great.The fried oysters are to die for !!!

Visited February 2012