“We'll.........”
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was all prepared to really slam this restaurant. While the restaurant is quaint...it was extremely loud inside. My husband couldn't find anything on the menu that wasn't spiced up. He asked for a steak with no seasoning, but they were already spiced. We settled for boiled shrimp with no seasoning. My sister loved the Caesar salad but said the crab soup had too much pepper in it. She couldn't eat it. There main meals were good. They had finished there food by the time my boiled shrimp got there. They messed up my mashed potatoes and didn't bring my husband the grits and tomatoes. I asked for the manager who apologized and said he would make it right. And he did he comped the entire table. That being said...I don't know if we would go back as everything has spice in it and my husband can't eat the spices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We always do our homework when we travel as we love good food and fun experiences. Saltus proved to be a wonderful venue and delicious food. We were seated on the patio per our request, and a slight breeze from the river kept it pleasant after the sun went down. We started with the soup of the day which was a cold green tomato soup with lump crab....it was perfect in flavor and great on a warm evening. We had steamed shrimp which were large and seasoned perfectly, and the Crispy Mahi Roll which was very flavorful. For dinner we had the Caramelized Sea Scallops that came with creamed corn grits. What a tasty Southern treat! We relaxed and enjoyed watching the people walk by, so happy with our choice of restaurants. The reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because our waiter ( very nice guy) seemed pretty clueless on the menu, and both our adult beverages were lukewarm when we received them like they had been sitting for a while. But I would definitely go back if we are ever in the area again.

2  Thank G8tors5
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Beaufort, S.C. regularly tops the list of many a Best Small Towns in America ranking, both for its livability and what it offers the visitor. And the Saltus River Grill, with its arresting interior and waterside al fresco dining, is as accomplished in culinary terms as any of the more publicized restaurants of that nearby mecca of haute cuisine, Charleston. It's one not to miss: consistent, imaginative and a good value.

1  Thank tarwolf
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Dinner on patio Sunday. Clean with great views. We had fried flounder which was the best I have ever eaten. Hush puppies are delicious and so light. Server provided the best and friendliest service. Little surprised almost 40.00 for a dozen oysters. My fault, they were market price and I didn't ask price before ordering, otherwise I would not have ordered. Would dine here again.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We love to come from bluffton to this little gem! I never know what to get because the menu is fantastic. I always end up getting a little bit of everything, love the oysters, clam chowder, sushi, desserts.... I've never had anything bad, I just can't wait til next time!