“Excellent Experience”
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 161 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Dined solo at the bar. I loved my options:

Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans

Sashimi Tuna

Steak Tartare with Quail Egg

They were all fabulous. I ordered a rye whiskey neat and got a very heavy pour which was a nice surprise.

I WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“The best Sunday brunch we have had in a long time”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have known Saltus to be a great dinner restaurant, but were surprised to find they offered Sunday brunch on Mother's day. My husband, our daughter and her boyfriend enjoyed a casual brunch under the oaks on the patio overlooking the river. What a peaceful setting. The food was extraordinary; shrimp and grits that my daughter said was the best she had tasted, steak and eggs done perfectly and french toast done very fancy. Service was very good and we were not rushed as we sat after brunch to enjoy the weather. I hope they continue to offer brunch.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Could be great but............”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

First, the restaurant is very New York City chic...food is good and prices are not low....I want to love this restaurant but have had so many up and down experiences there....it is usually our "special event" (holiday etc) restaurant...went on Mothers Day...I ordered bisque (excellent), caesar salad (ordinary but saved by the anchoves), small plate crab cake (can't say...read on) and pomme frittes (outstanding)...my wife ordered two sushi dishes....had a wine and beer.....waited...waited...finally the first item arrived.....soup?, salad?...nope the french fries......fries first?..then soup salad...no sushi in sight...finally after a noticeable wait and another wine and beer the sushi came....good, not great but no problem...after the sushi and everything else was finished I called the waiter over for the check....before he could ask he said the crab cake would be out in a few minutes....I explained (politely) that we were done and it was way too late for the crab cake...he understood and took it off the bill...actually when we were rising to leave he brought it over in a take out box...complimentary......with tip $98 but the meal was so dissapointing for any price...it willl be a while before we go back

Miramar Beach, Florida
“Okay”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ate at the bar. We waited way too long for our first drink. Kind of ignored. I waved at them for service finally and it was not busy. My husband's tuna roll came out ten mins before my food and sat uncovered on the bar before delivered. When mine finally came out, the servers walked the bar with no clue where the dishes were to be delivered, like an auction " who wants this?" Female bartender not personable. Not sure I'd recommend unless you just don't care about your service.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“another great meal”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Saltus is one of our fav's and since we had guests in town we decided to eat there. The menu is vast w/ choices for everyone - small plates, large plates, sushi, meat and seafood on the wood-fired grill - lots of choices. i had an Asian inspired meal - spicy fried shrimp roll and the pork-belly spring roll - both quite tasty and presented well. Two at our table enjoyed the tenderloin w/ truffle butter - yum yum - while the 4th member of our party had salad and sushi grade grilled tuna. All were quite satisfied. I must comment on the waitstaff, while we didn't notice the restaurant was quite busy for a monday, but our server, Mary, never missed a beat. Another satisfying dinner at Saltus.