“Excellent food and service in a noisy and crowded restaurant”
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 162 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Chamonix, France
“Excellent food and service in a noisy and crowded restaurant”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Both my wife and I enjoyed our meals despite the cafeteria like restaurant. My scallops were particularly good. We were very lucky with our service too. We thought that the chef and the staff deserved a better setting.

• Visited May 2014

Effingham, NH
“Casual but elegant”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Food prepared well and was fresh; also outside dining was availabe but that night it was a bit too cool to sit out for us.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Big Reputation, good food spoiled by Rotten Service”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I joined the beautiful patio scene and ordered a glass of wine which had to be returned because of its dirty glass. Then, asking if there was a choice of oysters, I was told no but the table beside me had three options 5 minutes later. The oysters arrived with no fork, no horseradish and my request was met with disdain as if it was my fault. No bread or crackers were served with the oysters. Indicating I wishes to sample a couple of things I requested an appetizer portion of the shrimp/grits and a cup of soup. I was told the chef was unable to divide a dish so no go on that one. I was never asked if I wanted a second glass of wine; was presented with a "here's the bill, do you want anything else"? The whole experience was appalling, cost me $80 and although the food was good, the treatment was unforgivable. When I left, there was no one at the door to say good night or how was your evening. I might have let them know but courtesy is not their thing.

• Visited April 2014
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant has great food and wine from a good menu. The chosen main courses of salmon and blackened Dorado were perfect. We had excellent service from our friendly server, Belle. A very pleasant terrace atmosphere overlooking the Beaufort Marina.We would definitely return and thoroughly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely Setting/Food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is the best located, decorated and staffed restaurant in Beaufort. The menu favors local ingredients and a creative approach.

Visited April 2014