“Very Nice Summer Evening”
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I live in the area but had not been to Saltus River Grill, we went for Dinner last night.
Nice location on the river front in the downtown area of Beaufort. Although a typical hot Summer evening there was a nice breeze blowing across the water. Outdoor seating was nicely located under tree with filtered sun. We had a good bottle of Riesling and the Spring rolls as an appetizer-very good. My wife had the nightly special of Black Grouper with a Pineapple salsa ($25) and Jasmine rice- she thought it was excellent. I had the deep fried main Lobster tails served with Thai rice and a sweet corn/pepper relish ($28) also excellent. All dishes were very nicely presented. Service was far above average and the Manager came by every table to be sure everyone was satisfied- a particularly nice touch! A very nice evening- we will be returning!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

You can't beat dining on the river at sunset with good food and folks who want to make sure you enjoy a memorable dining experience. The Country Style Pate (Small Plate) and Caramelized Sea Scallops (Chef's Specialities) were excellent. Portions are generous so a salad and small plate (or two) would have been adequate as well.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

food was excellent I am addicted to the shrimp & grits at Beaufort Inn but their shrimp & grits were a very close second super wine list

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We booked a res weeks in advance stoked about the SRG
Donna and I were pleasantly greeted by a warm and lovely hostess.We advised her that we would like to cozy up to the bar prior to dining outside ,to take in the SRG and we did just that.
Greeted by the Delightful Sonny we enjoyed a dozen out of this world oysters with perfect sauces
So far we could not have been more pleased, with drinks food and MISS Sonny's hospitality and charm.

We cleared our bar tab, approached the hostess once again and she directed us to choose any table , and we sat down ready for a SRG experience, which is exactly what we got!
I will not exaggerate one bit in my description of events.Between 15to 20 mins passed without so much as a simple acknowledgement that we were VISIBLE, let alone in need of at least a " hello some one will be right with you".
Flagged down a bus girl to ask for help and was challenged with with ....well did you check with the hostess?After another long wait we were approached by a cocktail waitress who without so much as a hello OR eye contact took a beverage order.I tried to elicit some conversation remarking how nice a change in the weather the sunny eve must be after SO much rain. Oh no she remarked ,the weather had been just fine tonights ,weather was nothing out of the ordinary. I see I replied looking at my wife with a raised brow WTF over?
Drinks arrived in reasonable time with a promise that our waitress would be right with us.
After 10 yes 10 more minutes I slipped a $10 bill, Under my $6 bottle of beer, and walked out ,my wife in arm.
Did I mention that the patio was no where near half capacity? Having spent many years in this very business, I am more than patient, and understanding to the inner workings of the trade.
There simply was no excuse for this service, attitude and performance. once again the first half of our visit COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!
It's a bit like mice, if you see one you better believe there are more...much like the service that my lovely wife and I received.
BTW we walked over to Emily's and had the time of our lives.
Ken and Donna Burkhardt

2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Me and my hubby had a great dinner here while visiting Beaufort for the evening. We had a sushi roll and fried green tomatoes to start, and I had the salmon and he had the scallops for dinner. Everything was very tasty! Our waiter was great, very attentive. One tip, we did move inside after having our appetizers, after the flies on the back patio showed up in droves.