“Great Place That Makes You Feel at Home”
Review of Emily's Restaurant

Emily's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Emily's Restaurant is a great place for food and for stopping by for an after dinner drink! They have an extensive tapas menu along with a regular menu. Both my husband and I enjoyed our dinner there. The bartenders at the bar are very cordial and friendly. Thank you Ed and Michael for adding to our memorable visit to Beaufort.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Having made a reservation for this typically busy evening, we arrived about 30 minutes early expecting a wait. We were pleasantly surprised to be seated immediately in an otherwise full restaurant. Our waitress, Mariah, arrived immediately and took out drink order. After studying the wine menu which has about sixty choices, we selected a a Chateauneuf de Pape which turned out to be spectacular. Emily's tapas menus is about three pages long and features a seemingly endless list of either small plates or appetizers. We ordered both the Calamari and the Oysters Rockefeller.....delicious. For the main course we ordered off the entree menu the Shrimp and Grits as well as the Steak Au Poivre. The entrees come with a house salad, vegetable and starch so that ala carte sides ( and additional cost ) are not required. The meals were perfectly prepared, steaming hot and the best culinary treat that we've had in this wonderful town during our one month stay.
We were amazed at how speedy the service was and attentive Mariah was to our needs.
The interior is well arranged and intimate, but showing some wear. Fortunately, the food was so spectacular the we didn't spend much time studying the walls.
The bill for two including a $60 bottle of wine two appetizers and two entrees with tax and 20% tip was $175. This is a must if your going to be in Beaufort, SC for an intimate evening.

1  Thank rhornad1
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We come here every time we are in the area visiting relatives. We enjoy the casual atmosphere.
I had a special for the evening -southwest steak salad in a taco bowl- excellent!!! It was delicious. I enjoy trying something a little different on occasion and that fit the bill. We've gotten crab cakes and the shrimp and grits in the past which were also very good. I fill up very easily so I like the size and the variation of the tapas options. My husband prefers the regular sized entrees on the menu. My only minor complaint was the bread that came with the meal. It was so-so Great food deserves great bread.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Excellent food, welcoming atmosphere. Emily's is perfect for the special occasion, date night, and families. The bar is beautiful and seperate from the more formal dining area. They offer over 50 tapas selections also. The chef works very hard to prepare the food exactly how you want it. All, and I mean ALL, of the waitstaff is professional, polite and on their 'A' game.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband loved his shrimp, I had the tomato salad, not too good, the tomatoes were mushy, but what can you expect in January, I also had a pasta which was pretty tasteless. The restaurant is comfortable and I loved the tiny lights overhead.
If you like seafood, definitely go there.

1  Thank Pat S