“Great waterfront restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Plums

Plums
Ranked #13 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Milford, Massachusetts
“Great waterfront restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had a table on the porch which had a great view of the waterfront park. The waitress was very friendly and our salads were great..very fresh ingredients. The bartender was great .my mojito was one of the best I have had.

Winchester, Tennessee
“Waterfront Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

There are several restaurants huddled together on the waterfront, this one had been recommended by the inn we were staying at and we liked the menu. The food was very good, had the shrimp po boy and chicken salad for lunch. It was very crowded which is a good sign, but the tables on the inside are very close together so a little cramped and noisy. If it's a nice day the patio might be a better option, especially with the water view. Would definitely eat here again.

Yorktown, Virginia
“It was OK...wished we had gone somewhere else...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had reservations, but they had us sitting in the corner with no elbow room. We were given another table and we waited to order. Food was OK, I got the shrimp n grits....I've had better! We waited a while....as they were busy. Staff did not work together and you could feel the tension...Place had music too LOUD...could not hear each other talk...others had to almost yell to be heard in their party. I was very disappointed with Plum's.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Wanted to like this more than I did”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been wanting to visit Plums since we moved to Beaufort in June and finally went on a Saturday night. I really, really tried to like it but I'm sure we won't visit Plum's again. We had made a reservation and while we waited for them to "check on our table", four people walked in and were given a great table right by the window. We were then seated next to them, RIGHT by the door to the terrace, so there were servers constantly walking behind my chair opening and closing the door. The restaurant was no more than 40% full, but we waited over 5 minutes for our server to come take our drink order. We had to ask about specials before we ordered. We ordered the calamari and fried oysters and they were quite good. One of our party had the fish tacos and said they were good as well. I tried the autumn pork medallions with risotto and butternut squash. There was an excellent crust on the pork tenderloins but half of them were so undercooked that I could not eat them. The risotto was just OK but the butternut squash was really REALLY good. The service was adequate but not exactly attentive and the décor is quite casual and a bit noisy. The outdoor deck has a beautiful view and would be lovely for cocktails on a warm night but I think we would move on for dinner. I'm really disappointed that I couldn't like Plum'smore.

Asheville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Real Dining Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Plums was a great place for lunch. The fried shrimp were fresh and hand breaded in a light batter. The gumbo was tasty. The red devil food's cake moist and yummy. Reasonable, good service, and comfortable.

Visited November 2013