“Great Dinner on the Porch”
Review of Plums

Plums
Ranked #11 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had traveled all day and were traveling with our two dogs. After walking along the park and waterfront we were trying to decide where to eat with our canine companions when some staff from Plums approached us and welcomed us in. We sat on the porch. The staff was awesome and the food was fabulous. They even made grilled chicken for the dogs who were tired and hungry after a long day in the car. Overall, one of the best dining experiences ever. They even encouraged us to stay for the band that was getting ready to play - we did and were glad we did it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch here. We started dining on the porch but due to rain, moved indoors. Our waitress was lackluster in service and personality. When my daughter asked for the pickle which came with her hamburger, the waitress never returned to the table. My daughter got up and went to the kitchen to find out they were out of pickles. Her hamburger was average as was my shrimp and grits. When I asked for the check, I said to the waitress "I guess you're out of pickles" and her reply was "oh, you didn't get one?" Totally clueless! Just an average establishment.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped for lunch. The service was good and the food was good but don't expect a wow. Peel and eat shrimp was flavorful and nicely spiced. Gumbo was tasty. Three stars is not s bad rating here. Would I go back? Yes. But know it would be good and about the location.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Location was great, being in the park/waterfront and sitting outside. Food was just mediocre and mine came out lukewarm. Not much flavor. Overall 2-3/5.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Well let me start by first saying the location this restaurant couldn't be better! It,s right on the waterfront with palm trees in the back drop; that are space perfectly enough to let you see the gorgeous sunset view Beaufort has to offer. I walk in and I'm greeted by a friendly blonde bartender who was so sweet! She helped we get to a seat since I was unaware that I had accidentally come in the the back part of the restaurant. W hen I found my way to my table I was greeted by my server Josh. He was so nice and sincere (extremely handsome too for my fellow ladies). He not only gave me prefect service but also kept me laughing with his clever yet quirky sense of humor. He spoke with a majestic type of vocabulary; just a well spoken man. The manager Matt I believe his name to be, came over and asked how my I like how the management actually seems to genuinely care about your experience. So every body who reads this If you're ever in the quaint town of Beaufort S.C please stop by Plums for excellent service that I can personally vogue for ask for Josh.