“Good, but nothing special.”
Review of Hemingway's Bistro

Hemingway's Bistro
Ranked #34 of 161 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good, but nothing special.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

A group of us had lunch here last Saturday. Service was fine, food was good, but nothing was amazing or surprising. The meatloaf sandwich was interesting with a couple of sauces and lettuce/tomato. They had a dark beer that wasn't Guiness which was a pleasant surprise.

• Visited October 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
“Welcoming Local Dive Bar”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was in town for business and this place was referred to me by a local bartender as a good dive bar with a friendly atmosphere. Her suggestion was spot on. I was only here for drinks so cannot rate the food. I enjoy traveling and trying to find the local places to really get the feel of the city. This one was a great test because I was still in work attire and dressed in a golf shirt and khakis.....i was the only one in there dressed like this! Ha Its a dive bar people so your not going here for fine dining or wine. Being from the beach myself I was used to the laid back atmosphere of this place and enjoyed it. By the time I had left I had plenty of shared stories and laughter with the patrons as well as the bartenders. My night turned out to be a little longer then expected that visit.

appleton wi
“good location...bad attitude”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped July 5th about 11 a.m. with wife and daughter. Saw a sign for the new Stella Cidre. sounded great so we walked in. After a quick greeting, the mature server went to the back for almost five minutes. We then ordered 2 Cidres and a local tap. she asked to see my daughters id. After looking at it she complained and wondered why the picture was too dark. Wow - a bartender and a photography critic. I guess her rude point was that it was fake. Her attitude then took a worse turn and she loudly stated " her life would end if she lost her job from selling to a minor". she uncapped 1 Stella and 2 Stella Cidres. Then I informed her that I had asked for local tap beer. She asked if i had drank from bottle which meant i would have to buy the tap because she messed up. Not the type of attitude I would expect or have experienced anywhere in such a relaxing friendly town like Beaufort !

2 Thank thomasannen
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Sunday Ritual!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Sundays are made for rest and relaxation! For us, that means heading over to see our favorite bartender Zoey and chatting it up with some of Beaufort's great locals. They do not sell food on Sunday's, but they always have some sort of yummy snackie for patrons. My favorite drink is a kinky-rita! I am not fond of Bloody Mary's, but I hear they have some of the best in town. You like jello shots? You can find one in any color of the rainbow. This place reminds me of an atmosphere out of a cheers episode. I can't think of a better Sunday then one here. A great drink in my hand, outdoor in there patio seating, overlooking the waterfront, and with interesting conversations.

1 Thank BrookeChris
Sumter, South Carolina
“Didn't stay to eat”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived here for lunch yesterday hoping to get a casual lunch on the water. We were never greeted, and had to find someone who worked there. When we finally did find someone at the bar, she did not even acknowledge us. (party of 6) Finally, when my husband asked if we could get a table she rudely said "Sit wherever" and walked out. Well, needless to say we didn't stay. We went next door to Panini's and were NOT sorry about that! Highly recommend that place. So friendly. I'll never understand people who work in the service industry who clearly hate people. Jeez!

• Visited June 2013