“Have always loved Sgt White's!”

Sgt White's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is such a fun place to eat. Fancy....absolutely not but reminds me of the BBQ joints I grew up with in NC. He has different sauces for the BBQ....NC, SC, and although nothing touches Lexington, NC...he at least gets close. I think if I have one complaint.....since I've cut down on salt I find his food just a hair salty....but I'm not eating there for my blood pressure. All his stuff feels very home made and tastes great for next to nothing in price. I had him cater a party for me years ago and everyone just raved about his food. He was a pleasure to work with and his price for catering....hardly worth his time and effort. Great fun local place for lunch. Forget your diet for a day and come see the Sgt.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very, very, impressed! Seargent White's Dinner is very professional and caring, they greeted me at the door and never left until I was satisfied. Food is excellent, service is top rated and his knowledge of personnal relations are unmatched with any other restaurant. I reccomend this restaurant to all my friends, and to all serving in the United States Armed Forces. He is a Retired Marine, people and Soldiers comes first, a one in a life time meal that I will never forget. Ssg White Thanks for your Grateful service to this great Nation and God Bless you and all the great Soldiers who put their lives in harms way for our Freedom.
United States Army Retired
SFC Jenious

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Serving lunch only this is a great find! The ribs, chicken and pan fried chops are outstanding. Just don't eat breakfast so you have room for these delicious treats.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Just like Mom's if Mom spent all day slow cooking the noble pig and using old family recipes for the sides. 1 meat with 2 sides is plenty but if your adventurous go for 3 sides. The portions are more than generous. The tough part is choosing the sides. The definition of great Mom and Pop.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The barbecue sauce was some of the best I've ever had. My hubby and I shared a pulled pork plate with candied yams, collard greens, and lima beans. Everything was very good. The pork comes wet which I didn't expect, but the flavor is very good. There were a few unchewable pieces in the mix, but it's bbq so it's to be expected occasionally. The collards had some sand, but hey, that's how you know they're fresh. The limas were very good and so were the yams. The lady working up front was super friendly and very accommodating. Overall, we enjoyed this place.