“Everyone loves Wendy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blackstone's Cafe

Blackstone's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everyone loves Wendy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped into Blackstone's the last day of our trip. I'd met the owner earlier in the week who's pup played with my pup. He let me know about his restaurant. It is very dog friendly and I wanted pancakes before we headed home. Unfortunately their air conditioner was broken and had left a puddle infront of the door to the outdoor patio. They weren't serving outdoors due to the danger of slipping. Because we had our pups, we chose to order our food to go and sit outside without service. This wasn't a problem. Wendy was the warmest dearest gal and brought out our food and coffee even thought they weren't suppose to be serving outside. We loved it!

“Lots of food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I were traveling in the area the first week of June and decided to try Blackstone's for breakfast. The cafe decor is a very patriotic and very cool to check out! My son had a ham and cheese omelet and I had a mushroom omelet. Not realizing how big the omelets would be, I ordered a side of bacon and grits. Then, I said I would love to have some toast, but I couldn't have gluten. To my delight, the waitress informed me that Blackstone's had gluten-free bread and they would be happy to accommodate me! Usually when in restaurants, I have to ask if they carry gluten-free items, and people look at me like I have sprung a second head!

When the food came, my son and I were amazed by the size of our portions. The omelet was fresh and the bacon was out of this world! The side of grits was not a "side" portion, but a cereal bowl! I was very pleased with my gluten-free toast. It was soft and delicious, not like cardboard bread like I usually have to endure. The coffee was delicious, too.

The only negative I can think of is that the cafe became crowded soon after we placed our order. Understandably, our drinks stood empty for a few minutes while our waitress tried to keep up with everyone. That will not deter me from returning the next time I am in Beaufort! :-)

Louisville, Kentucky
“Friendly Staff, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited Blackstone's Cafe on a day trip from Edisto Island to Beaufort. The food was good, very family friendly. My daughter really loved the hamburgers, and they serve breakfast all day. What really impressed us was the service. We have a very nice young waitress, I wish I could remember her name, who gave us speedy service and stopped to chat about where we were visiting from. She offered alot of useful info about the town! We will visit here again!

north carolina
“Quick bite to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found Blackstone's on the way to trying to find another spot. We were hungry so we stopped in for a quick bite. The café is a typical spot that you'd find in a Southern town: old advertising signs on the wall, some foods / crafts for sale, and tables here and there. Our food was good. Prices reasonable. Service nice.

Being Southern myself, I have been in countless Southern eateries like this so I wouldn't go out of my way on a future trip. However, for a non-Southerner wanting a meal in a typical, home-owned eatery, Blackstone's would certainly fit that.

• Visited May 2013
Indian Head, Maryland
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent place for breakfast or lunch. I had the shrimp and grits one day for breakfast and the shrimp burger another day for lunch! We had the same server both days, Shawn, and she is so friendly and professional.

Visited May 2013