“Lots of food!”

Ranked #4 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Blackstones Café is located off of Bay Street at 205 Scott Street in the heart of Beaufort, South Carolina. We offer a full sit down breakfast southern style, with a warm family atmosphere. Shrimp and Grits; traditional or Cajun, Eggs made your way, Pancakes made from scratch and the best Bacon you will ever taste. Lunch is appealing to all who would like a hearty meal that would make you forget you are hungry later in the day. Enjoy our two story restaurant and an appealing outdoor patio which is pet friendly. Complimentary Parking across from Blackstones until 11:00am. $1.00 per hour after which will be discounted on your bill. See you soon at The Blackstones Café!
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I were traveling in the area the first week of June and decided to try Blackstone's for breakfast. The cafe decor is a very patriotic and very cool to check out! My son had a ham and cheese omelet and I had a mushroom omelet. Not realizing how big the omelets would be, I ordered a side of bacon and grits. Then, I said I would love to have some toast, but I couldn't have gluten. To my delight, the waitress informed me that Blackstone's had gluten-free bread and they would be happy to accommodate me! Usually when in restaurants, I have to ask if they carry gluten-free items, and people look at me like I have sprung a second head!

When the food came, my son and I were amazed by the size of our portions. The omelet was fresh and the bacon was out of this world! The side of grits was not a "side" portion, but a cereal bowl! I was very pleased with my gluten-free toast. It was soft and delicious, not like cardboard bread like I usually have to endure. The coffee was delicious, too.

The only negative I can think of is that the cafe became crowded soon after we placed our order. Understandably, our drinks stood empty for a few minutes while our waitress tried to keep up with everyone. That will not deter me from returning the next time I am in Beaufort! :-)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited Blackstone's Cafe on a day trip from Edisto Island to Beaufort. The food was good, very family friendly. My daughter really loved the hamburgers, and they serve breakfast all day. What really impressed us was the service. We have a very nice young waitress, I wish I could remember her name, who gave us speedy service and stopped to chat about where we were visiting from. She offered alot of useful info about the town! We will visit here again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found Blackstone's on the way to trying to find another spot. We were hungry so we stopped in for a quick bite. The café is a typical spot that you'd find in a Southern town: old advertising signs on the wall, some foods / crafts for sale, and tables here and there. Our food was good. Prices reasonable. Service nice.

Being Southern myself, I have been in countless Southern eateries like this so I wouldn't go out of my way on a future trip. However, for a non-Southerner wanting a meal in a typical, home-owned eatery, Blackstone's would certainly fit that.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent place for breakfast or lunch. I had the shrimp and grits one day for breakfast and the shrimp burger another day for lunch! We had the same server both days, Shawn, and she is so friendly and professional.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Average at best diner food. I just dislike cheap cups used for serving coffee...seems dark and dingy to me...