“A Pleasant Experience”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Although I have a favorite Mexican restaurant where I go often, I wanted to give Agave a try soon after it opened in 2013. The first thing I noticed was the nicely-appointed appearance, cleanliness, and quiet atmosphere in the restaurant. We were seated promptly...warm chips and delicious, fresh salsa were brought promptly to the table. The menu has the standard fare of most Mexican restaurants...no surprises. Our server was willing to make a comparable substitution for the listed side dish (black beans instead of rice) at no extra charge. Our food arrived quickly and was quite good. The pricing was reasonable (especially for the lunch special) although the portion was somewhat smaller than in my "usual place" for the same item. Drinks were refilled promptly and without having to ask. Both the server and then a manager stopped by our table to make sure that everything was all right. I plan to return to Agave, especially when I'm in the mood for Mexican food in a place that is quieter with more spacing between tables and more pleasant atmosphere. A great place to visit with a friend or have a business meeting during the day.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stopped by for dinner and was pleasently suprised. We were seated promptly and drinks came soon after the order. The waiter was professional, very prompt and attentive. Our fajita for two was a generous portion and was good. Will return in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A healthier fresh tasting Mexican restaurant. The selection is typical, the freshness is in most meals, and the service is attentive. Excellent for larger group settings.

Dan

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Beaufort for our first time and went to Agave despite some of the negative reviews we read about this relatively New Mexican restaurant. We were seated quickly and our waiter came to greet us within a minute. The food was some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. I had the pork fajitas and my wife had the Pollo Crema... Both were excellent! The waiter was attentive and quickly recognized that there was something on my plate that I didn't order. He corrected the error within a minute and we had a fantastic dinner. We would definitely return.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm not a mexican fanatic but this place is simply amazing! My first visit was with my neighbor who recommended the place and at first I was skeptical but MAN was I in in for a treat! I have had the fish tacos-Delish!!, Agave nachos-Amazing!! and once me and my husband split the huge molcajete....which is very good as well! I will definitely be back and my opinion for mexican food has changed. I love me some mexican food and i love me some agave!

1  Thank Jackie R